1. Sky-Fall (Exclusive)

The sky was falling, literally. Pieces as big as the continents below broke off from the rest of the blue sky, solidified chunks shattering like glass, under the intense gravitational pull of the Earth. They fell to the ground with the speed of a large asteroid. Humanity had no time to react or to prepare for disaster. Whole continents were crushed underneath the immense weight of solid air. Hundreds of billions of lives ended as cities were flattened in an instant. Tsunami waves resulting from pieces landing into the oceans of the world flooded billions of miles in land. Air solidified in people's lungs, suffocating millions and destroying entire ecosystems. In all this chaos, the United States Government evacuated to underground bunkers in an attempt to hold off the inevitable but it was futile. The bunkers were destroyed as sharp, angled edges of pieces speared through the metal and ruptured them. In one day, the world ended.

In orbit around the world, a space shuttle manned by four seasoned astronauts watched as the atmosphere fell to their families. In sorrow and horror, they watched as the planet itself caved in on itself until it was less than a speck. They continued to watch as the darkness of space shattered like glass and the pieces fell everywhere.