legal crime | k. tetsurou (edited)

Requested by: IHaveRinnegan82
Gender neutral pronouns
The Purge!AU
•••••••••••

This is not a test.

This is your Emergency Broadcasting System announcing the commencement of the Annual Purge, sanctioned by the Japanese Government.

Weapons of Class 4 and lower are authorized for use for the Purge. All other weapons are restricted.

Government officials of rank 10 are granted immunity and shall not be harmed.

Commencing at the siren, any and all crime, including murder will legal for twelve continuous hours. Police, fire, and emergency medical services will be unavailable until tomorrow morning at 7 AM, when The Purge concludes.

Blessed be our New Founding Fathers and Japan, a nation reborn. May God be with you all.
*******

The siren blared in your ears, it was a terrifying sound, but it never fazed your stoic expression. You loaded your guns and prepared to leave.

"(f/n), it's too dangerous."

You ignored the pleads of your mother, and your voice drowned out hers. Yes, you knew it was dangerous outside. Yes, you knew it was not too late to turn back and commence lockdown right now. But, you can't.

You had to Purge.

"Say what you want to say, but, I'm Purging tonight. That sick bastard is going to pay for what he did to Father." you said bitterly.
"But, your Father never wanted this.." she pleaded.

You looked at your mother with a soft gaze. Even though your Father never wanted this to happen, you had to do it for the sake of your conscience. This may be the last time you'll see her.

"Commence lockdown right after I leave, okaasan. I love you."

Every syllable of your last sentence for your mother was filled with love. This may be the last time you'll be saying you love her.

You left, each step to the hell happening outside making your heart surprisingly lighter.
---------

"God damn it."

You muttered profanities under your breath as an explosion happened near you. You fired bullets endlessly to the person who threw the explosive, killing him instantly. In a normal life, you'd be put to jail for murder. But in this case, for 12 hours, crime was legal.

It stung, the cuts and wounds that were inflicted on your skin. It was excruciating, but you had to find the man who pushed your father to thecliff of death, to Hades' clutches.

"Woah, that was close."

You aimed your gun at the speaker, and you saw a man with messy hair that you couldn't quite describe. He had cat-like eyes that stared at yours, like you were prey to his predatory gaze.

"Who are you? Answer me or I will kill you without a second thought." you said icily, preparing to pull the trigger.

His eyes widened at your sudden snap at him. But he smirked. It made you uncomfortable for some reason.

"Easy, easy feisty-pants. I have yet to reveal my name. But, don't worry, I'm not going to kill you." he said.

He seemed trustworthy enough, so you lowered your gun. You walked out of the dark alley, slightly limping. You needed to find that man, fast, you only had three more hours until the siren sound to conclude the Purge. If you fail this, your conscience will just continue to jab at you for another year.

Unfortunately, you only knew the killer's name. It was the only information you can gather, and it made you hate yourself for being sich an idiot. You can't just kill people you don't have much intel on.

You were suddenly scooped in another's arms, and you looked up to see the man earlier, smirk and all.

"Put me down you maniac! I have business to do that doesn't involve someone carrying me bridal style. Now, put. Me. Down." you snapped.

Your glare didn't faze the man's expression. It made you uneasy.

"Nope. Never. You're injured, can't you see? Now, tell me your name and why you're purging."

You blushed at his sudden statement, but you slapped yourself for it. You didn't reveal your name, but you did say the reason why you were purging.

You wanted to kill whoever killed your father.

The date was etched in your mind. Your own birthday. Sirens wailed outside your house before you even blew the candle. Everyone saw it, your father drowning in his own blood in the front yard. A messy scrawl was on the paper, Wait for me.-Tetsurou.

You were filled with overflowing rage. You vowed to kill in the next Purge the man named Tetsurou, the sic bastard that killed your father.

"Ah, but I know who you are." he said with a smirk.

You gasped, your gun falling to the ground as he said your name. You remembered you never revealed your name to him.

How did he....

"I-I'm not (l/n) (f/n).." you stammered
"Oh, stop fooling around with me. I know. I had my eye on you for a long time. I watch you every day, my love."

You suddenly realized everything. From your walks to the park to silent times in the library, he was there, watching you closely, calculating your every move. He was there all along.

He was obsessed with you.

He had a mischievous glint in his eyes, the trustworthy side of him vanishing in thin air. You suddenly fell to the ground. Everything fell to pieces, the moment he smiled, a twisted one that crept into your mind.

"Your father was in the way of my love, so I killed him. When I found out that you were out to kill me... Well, I'll just have to kill you too."

It was him. It was game over right before it even started. He found you before you even had the chance to find him.

You reached for your gun. You pulled the trigger in front of him but the only thing you heard was a click. You fumbled in your pockets for spare bullets to find out that he had stolen all of your weapons in your pockets. Here you are, defenseless and weak.

Your heart hammered in your chest, as he procured a blade and walked toward you. He laughed maniacally, eyes clouding with lunacy.

"Til death do us part, my dear (f/n)."

The last thing you heard, before Death came with his scythe to reap the forsaken soul you have, mingled with the explosions and twisted screams of defenseless victims, was the piercing guffaw of Kuroo Tetsurou.

•••••••••••

A/n

Welp, Yandere!Kuroo there.

Hope you liked this one-shot of mine :)

-coalesxence