Chapter 2

Chapter 2

'And for the first time, we were strangers. I knew the face in front of me, but I didn't know his soul. The rain had washed away everything I recognized about him. It had left me alone with all the memories.'

"I'm standing here with Mario Götze and Marco Reus ahead of today's training. Mario tell me, how is it to finally be here?" I asked, pointing the mike at him.

He smiled, a very cute smile, before clearing his throat. He were good on camera, he knew how to handle himself.

"Yeah, it's great to be here. It's something you, as a footballer, look forward to all your life. The world cup is a huge thing and it's amazing to finally be here and to get started soon" he said, and I nodded.

"Also, people have great expectations for Germany, how much would a win in the first game mean to you?" I asked, looking at Marco.

I pointed the mike at him, with shaking hands. Come on, Mila. It's just Marco. He giggled a little, probably able to see, how my hands were shaking.

"Of course, yeah. People have faith in us, we don't really look at it as expectations. A win for us in the first game would be amazing, it would be great to start of like that, we will definitely do our best" Marco smiled, licking his lips.

It almost made me unable to remove my eyes for him.

"The heat has been a topic back in Germany. Will it affect you?" I asked, smiling at Mario.

He shrugged shortly, licking his lips, they were very dry.

"The weather is different from what we are used to, but we have a week to get used to it, I don't think it will be a problem" Mario said, running his hand through his hair.

"One last thing, a lot German fans has travelled to follow you guys, how does that make you feel? How will it affect your games?" I asked, meeting Marco eyes again.

"Yeah, we saw some of the fans coming in here, it's amazing to see how much support we have. We are very grateful for that. It will give us some strength throughout the intense games" He said, playing a little with his earring.

"Thank you" I smiled, before handing my mike to the staff.

I smiled at Mario, who smiled back at me.

"You're new right?" he asked, confusing me.

"What do you mean?"

"You haven't covered the national team before, have you?"

"Oh, no! My first tournament with them... you" I said, tumbling over my words.

I don't know why I'm nervous, I mean, I was never nervous around footballers. I guess, I just wanted them to think I was good, that I knew what I was doing, even though I were a girl. Maybe the fact that Marco was standing next to me played a part.

"You're doing great" Mario said, patting me on the shoulder.

He smiled at me, before running out on the pitch. It left Marco and I alone. We looked at each other for a while, without saying anything. I couldn't really figure out, if it was awkward or not.

Marco licked his pink lips, before looking up at me. Our eyes met and I couldn't help but smile. Even though I had moved on, it still stung a bit. It wasn't like I wanted to leave Marco, I just had to. We weren't working out, but that doesn't mean, I couldn't miss him. Or that I never had, I had missed him, a lot.

Marco was just about to say something, when Loren interrupted. I was kinda glad, though. I didn't know what to say to him, how to act, it just felt like my body was numb.