Chapter 14

I am not, and will not be, someone's second choice.

"Erik, Erik can we please just talk-"

"I don't have more to say Mila" he said, picking up the speed.

It gave me an even harder time to keep up with him. I was almost half running down the halfway.

"Please-" I begged, but he didn't stop walking.

It annoyed me a bit, but there was nothing I could do about it. I didn't blame him. I had the chance to talk yesterday, but nothing came out of my mouth.

"Erik!" I yelled desperately, which made him stop.

Erik turned around, walking towards me. He seemed calm. Way too calm for this situation.

"Look, I've said all I had to say; ball's in your court" he said.

If possible it made me even more confused.

"What do you want me to say"

"That's for you to figure out, Mila!" Erik said, raising his voice.

He liked his pinkish lips, before pulling me to the side. I just followed him, not knowing what to do.

"Look, you know I love you-"

"And I love you" I interrupted, but he didn't seem too happy about that.

"But I'm not anyone sloppy seconds and whether or not you want to admit it, you love Marco. And look, I don't blame you, but you and me, we're done until you figure out what the hell you want" he said, looking down.

Why did he keep bringing Marco up, I never did that?

"So... do you have something to say?" Erik asked, raising an eyebrow.

What could I say? What I had to say, wasn't what he wanted to hear. Sometimes, Erik had already made up in his mind, how I was supposed to react and when I didn't do so, he just wouldn't listen. I didn't want to keep bringing up Marco, he was in the past... well almost.

I looked up at Erik, licking my lips. Our eyes met, which made him tremble his head a little.

"Then we're done here" he whispered.

It made me tear up, but I promised myself not to cry. Erik clearly saw the sadden, dark expression in my face. He left his soft hand stroke my cheek, making me close my eyes. He licked his pink lips, before pressing his burning lips against mine.

I didn't enjoy the kiss, because I knew very well, what it mean. I knew ever well, he was saying goodbye.

Erik pulled away from me, leaving his sweet taste on my shivering lips. He smiled a sadden smile, before he turned around, heading for the pitch. He left me alone in the hall, basically out of my mind.

***

"Hey" Marco mumbled, as he sat down next to me.

I just send him a nod; I didn't look up at him. I just felt his skin almost brush against mine. I was sitting outside in the grass, trying to cool down a bit.

This day had been horrible; I had messed up basically everything at work and during the live news, I tripped and fell down in a lake. Marco sighted, licking his dry lips.

"I heard about the six o'clock news"

"Who didn't" I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

Marco let his fingers run through his blond hair, looking at me.