Chapter Two:

~Her Name Is Noel~

Chapter Two:

"Noel Rein George, are you ready yet?" My mother shouted at me from downstairs. I sighed as I rolled my eyes, of course I was ready. Even though it was school -and I mean I do hate school- I was ready.

"Yes mum!"

I exited my room with my bag on my back and walked down the stairs, facing my concerned yet angered mother. "You okay?" I asked, tilting my head to side in confusion. She just shook her head and sighed in frustration.

"Let's just get to school, okay?"

I nodded my head once, walking in front of her as she just trailed behind me. She opened her car door and rushed into the drivers side as I slid into the passenger seat. "Mum, I don't understand why I can't drive myself..."

"Because it's late enough as it is." My mum sighed, she was lying. I could always tell when she was lying, she'd always purse her lips and wriggle her nose once. She does this every time even though she knows this.

"You're lying."

"No I'm not."

"Mum, it isn't late. It's 8:10 a.m. I still have another 20 minutes, I could've been able to drive myself."

"Look," she paused and breathed out a short puff of air through her nose, smiling sadly as she did, "One, I don't think driving is the best for you, especially now you've been confirmed of..." She trailed off, I knew exactly what she meant. "And two, I-I just wanted to drive my little girl to school because I hardly ever get to see her anymore. I miss her, Noe (A/N: Pronounced like Zoe but with an 'N'). I miss my daughter."

"Mum..." I sighed as I felt tears prickle at the back of my eyes. She was going to make me cry. "You're going to make me burst into tears if you don't start driving." What can I say? I'm very sensitive deep down.

Mum chuckled slightly and began to drive towards the school. Once we made it there and mum turned off the engine, I opened my door and hopped out, closing straight after causing it to make a loud 'thud'.

I walked towards my school doors and because I decided I had approximately 15 minutes left until the bell, I figured I may as well get my phone out and play some music through my earphones. I swung my bag around and unzipped my front pocket, reached down into my bag and found it.

I un-wrapped the earphones from around the phone and put them both into my ears. As I was searching through my music for a song I found the song I have had stuck in my head for at least 10 minutes now and played Teenage Dirtbag by Wheatus, with my amount of luck and clumsiness I bumped into somebody, causing that person's books to fall to the ground. "Oh my gosh, I am so, so, sorry! Are you okay?" I exclaimed, trying to pick up as many books as possible before I looked up at the boy in front of me. He had blonde hair -obviously dyed-, beautiful blue eyes, a gorgeous smile and was wearing a white tank-top showing off his abs and toned chest, not to mention his black skinny jeans.

"D-don't be sorry, I guess I should have looked where I was going." He spoke and I noticed he had an accent, pin-pointing it as an Irish one. It was quite cute actually.

I laughed nervously before I stood up as he followed my actions, "I'm Noel." I replied, sticking my hand out to him in a polite greeting gesture. He took my hand in his and introduced himself after shaking my own.

He smiled, "Like in the song Teenage Dirtbag?" He asked and I was pretty shocked actually.

"You know that song?"

"Of course! Who doesn't?" He asked playfully. "I'm Niall. Niall Horan and it's nice to meet to you."

"It's nice to meet you too. Are you new here?" I asked sweetly. Deep down I actually am nice, it's just a matter of trust issues that makes it seems less of so.

"I am, yeah. I'm originally from Mullingar, Ireland. Are you old here?" He asked jokingly. I laughed lightly at his attempt of a joke as it was half funny.

"Yep," I spoke popping the 'p', "Have been for three years."

"Three? Why not the whole four years?" He asked, getting into something a bit more personal. Something not even my best friend knows, only mum does and that is exactly how it must stay.

"It doesn't matter..."

"Please?"

"I'd actually prefer not to talk about it if that's alright." I spoke with a stern voice. He nodded his head as I was now sure he had taken the hint that it was slightly a touchy subject for myself.

'Riiinnngggggg' Sounded the bell throughout the school. That had been 15 minutes? Wow.

"Ok, well um, maybe we could hang out at lunch if you'd like?"

"That'd be great, thanks."

I turned around and put my things away back into my bag but turned around when Niall had suddenly asked me if we had any classes together. After that we went through our timetable's and figured we have 2/5 periods together. Art and Music. Ah, music. The endless times that one thing had been able to save me, I just loved everything about it.

We walked inside the doors together but had to part down the hallway after saying our goodbye's first. I entered my first class:

History.

I just couldn't wait until this was over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated in a little while, I went to One Direction's concert here in Adelaide two nights ago and it was amaZAYN. I swear Louis did look at me at least 3 or 4 times, smiled at me twice and waved at me once. Harry and Niall looked at me as well and damn did I feel like one of the luckiest girls alive... *FRIEND: They didn't look at you!* *ME: Shut up and let me dream!* <<<< Basically my conversation with one of my friends yesterday when I told them 3/5 of One Direction looked at me.

Great friends. :P I'm only kidding! (No I'm not)

So anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! It was more of a fill-in but oh well, it all happens in Chapter Three anyways... hehe ;)

Okay, seeya guys and thanks for reading if you did! xx~ Sharni

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~