No Luck in Love

Yes it was true; Stacy Williams had no luck in love. She marveled at her conclusion as she looked at her reflection. Was she ugly? Stacy didn’t think so with her blonde hair and blue eyes. She was a little bit on the cusp between skinny and chubby but she wore the right amount of make-up and her facial features were pretty much proportionate. Even with her beautiful looks she still had no luck in love. She sighed and then walked over to her desk and sat down at it, staring at the blank page in front of her.

Her first boyfriend, Martin Jennings, had cheated on her.

   Stacy walked through the hallways jittery as always. She was going to see Martin again. They had only been going out for two weeks so far and she still got nervous when she saw him.

   She had dolled up more than usual today and had sprit-zed on some perfume. She saw her friends all in a circle and whispering to one another while looking at her. Stacy got a feeling of dread and walked over to them, “Hey, what’s the matter?”She asked.

   One of her friends, Colleen, spoke up, “It’s Martin. He’s cheating on you.”She said. Her quiet voice was even quieter.

   All at once Stacy felt anger, but not at Martin. “You’re lying! Martin would never do that!”Stacy yelled. Colleen gave Stacy a look that said, ‘Go see for yourself’ and then looked away.

   Stacy stormed off and went to go find Martin.

   She had just walked around the lockers when there he was, lips locked with Melissa Herrington.

   Stacy felt her heart break in two and he looked over as she sniffled. His look said it all. Stacy took out her phone and texted him two words, ‘It’s over.’ And then walked away.

   Stacy’s second boyfriend, Sean Pruitt, had move away.

   It had been a few months since Martin when Stacy met Sean. He was so sweet and caring and Stacy thought that he was the one. She was on her way over to his house when she saw the moving truck. Quickly running down the street she saw Sean out there sitting in the grass.

   “What’s going on?”Stacy asked. She knew that she wouldn’t like the answer, but she needed it confirmed. “Sorry hun… we’re moving. Not down the street either, we’re moving to Delaware.” He said quietly.

   Once again Stacy felt the heartache set in. Sean went to go hug her, but she just pushed him back gently and began to walk home. That night she watched as the moving trucks and Sean’s family left. Closing the blinds to her room she lay down on her bed and eventually fell into sleep.

   Then, Stacy’s third boyfriend, Benjamin Chilling, had fallen out of love.

   A year after Sean left, Stacy met Benjamin. He was nice and charming and Stacy soon began to forget about her past heart aches.

   Then after a few weeks she began to feel less and less for him and he seemed the same.

   Before long they fought all of the time and began to dread seeing each other. So then, the inevitable came.

   Benjamin came over while Stacy was sitting with her friends and talking with them. Stacy wasn’t stupid; she knew exactly what he was here for. “Don’t start. I know what you’re going to say and I want to break up too.”She said. Benjamin nodded and then walked away.

   Inside, Stacy felt nothing. She was numb to just about everything at this point.

   So yes, Stacy Williams in deed had no luck in love. She chuckled to herself as she put down her pen and looked at what she had written. On it was the title…