They Said It Gets Easier But They Lied.

"They liked you, you know?" Chris said as I rested my head against his bare chest later that night.

"I'm glad. I was a little shocked by how many people were there," I said, smiling.

He chuckled. "Yeah, you and I both."

A question that had been bugging me since this whole thing came up popped back into my head, and I just had to know.

"Chris, how come you hardly talk about your family?" I asked, curiously looking at him. He hands found their way to my back and he held me close as he shrugged.

"I don't know. I guess it never really came up," he responded. "You don't talk about your family that much either."

"There's not really much to talk about, you've met my family," I said honestly. He shook his head.

"I've only met your mom," he said.

"And you've met Manny and Louie, plus you already knew Kuza and the guys," I said. He shook his head again.

"They're not your family, technically," he said. I shrugged.

"I don't have anyone else."

He looked shocked. "Really?" I nodded. "What about siblings?"

"Don't have any."

"And your dad?"

"What dad?"

His eyes turned sad. "I'm sorry baby."

"It's okay," I said, giving him a fake smile.

"And your grandparents? Cousins? Aunts? Uncles?" He asked, going back to our conversation.

"Well, my grandfather passed away a few months after I was born, and my grandma died when I was sixteen because she had breast cancer. I only have one aunt, Raven, but she lives in Japan with her husband and two kids, Mitchell and Ashley. I only see them if they come back for holidays, which they hardly do. My uncle, Jonas, he somewhere in the west with his daughter Lesley, whom I adore, and her son, my god son, Christofer. I don't get to see them that often, either. Mostly because Jay is working all the time and Lesley has to stay home with Christofer. My other uncle, Damien. Well, I have no idea where he is," I said.

"Wow," he said. I nodded. "That's all you have?"

"Pretty much, besides my friends," I responded.

"I'm sorry about your grandparents," he said, sympathy in his eyes.

"I wish you could have met my grandma, you would've loved her. She was one of a kind," I said, smiling at my memories of her.

"Like your mom? And you?" He asked.

"You've only be around my mom once!" I said, laughing.

He laughed, too. "Yeah, but she's a hard lady to forget. What does she call me?"

"Mr. Delicious," I said, laughing. He nodded. "I'm sorry for that by the way."

"Don't be, I'm flattered. Especially since your mom's pretty hot," he said and I smacked his chest.

"Christopher Thomas Cerulli!" I said dramatically.

"What?! It was a joke," he said, smiling. "And plus, people say if you want to know what your girl is gonna look like when she's older, look at her mother. If that's true, I'm fucking fortunite."

I rolled my eyes, blushing slightly. Does he really plan on us being together that long? The smile that was on his face slowly started to fade and his eyes grew full of guilt.

"Baby, I need to tell you something," he said, gazing at me.

"What's up?" I asked, slightly scared. Did he do something? Did he not do something? What would he have done? What would he not have done? What if he wanted to break up? What if he wanted to go back to just having sex? My mind thought of so many questions I thought I was going to start hyperventilating.

"Kari," he stopped and looked away from me. He was tense and almost afraid. What was he afraid of? "We're leaving for tour tomorrow."