Vegas bound

The morning arrived and my heart gave a small beat. We were leaving.

I'd been stood at the window pasted to it for the last hour taking in every little detail wishing I could stay here.

"Ri?" Aaron spoke making me moan.

"I know.. I know I'm gonna miss this place too." He answered standing beside me.

"Thank you. For letting me come with you. It's been amazing, but I am getting the holiday blues bad." I spoke.

"I know, I got them last night as we were all sat around the fire pit. But hey we can do it all in Vegas. You can cut down your work load straight away and spend more time hanging out with me." He replied making me roll my eyes playfully.

"I saw that." He whispered making me giggle and hug him.

"Get packed. Make sure you have everything cause we aren't coming back!" He answered and lifted me off the ground.

"Okay." I struggled making Aaron put me down.

I looked around the room, I didn't want to go home...

**************

The ride home was anything but fun, I could feel eyes blazing my skin, so I made a point of ignoring them.

With Aaron in full conversation with Bacon I ended up snapping.

"Take a picture it will last longer." I hissed at Zak.

"I didn't think you needed my attention?" He replied cockily.

"I don't.

"Then I don't need a picture, do I? Doll." He smirked.

"How's your nose?" I asked.

"Fine."

"Keep calling me doll it will be broke." I answered looking away. I saw Gracie flat out on the bed, I'd give her an hour before I raced up and spooned her for the rest of the journey.

"So when are you going back to work?"

"Tomorrow." I answered keeping my eyes fixed away from him.

"Might pop in for the riveting customer care you give. Makes my heart all fuzzy." He answered.

"If you owned one." I muttered.

"So.. How about we hang out when we get back to Vegas?" He asked making me look at him.

"Absolutely not."

"Why?"

"Because I'd rather put nails through my fingers." I answered folding my arms.

How long was this journey again?!

"I wasn't asking you on a date."

"Answer is still a no."

"Although I can definitely see why you are still single. You're all uptight and moody."

I laughed "What's your excuse? Waiting for Hugh Hefner to appoint you to his throne?"

"You'd like that.. Being my bunny." He smirked.

"Hell would freeze over first."

He knew how to wind me up and this whole flirtatious way was only angering me more and more. Something he knew but I couldn't stop myself.

"What happened to your Ex? Was he not up to the snuff?" He asked.

Stop the RV. I forgot to bury him in the woods.

"Did he leave little Maria all knotted up and frustrated?" He asked.

"No, he annoyed me so I punched him in the nose. Ask Aaron." I replied.

"Damn. He definitely didn't do the job. I would have hit him too." Zak answered making me ignore his comments until later.

The harder I tried the easier it filtered in.

Please just get me home!!

************************

I got home to an immaculate apartment, everything was too perfect. I found a note stuck on the fridge. Tilly had gone to stay with her mom whilst she was sick.

I made a metal note of ringing her to check up later.

I expected to come back to a messy house and maybe a few broken things but it was tidy and well normal.

With the door already on lockdown I put on the radio and began sorting my washing. With only a few days of stuff it didn't take long but I realised I had
Zak's shorts.. I bunged them in the wash with my things. Hell if he comes out in a rash from different detergent..

I won't laugh much when he's scratching like a chimp in the groin department.

My phone pinged making me pull it from my pocket.

- Happy to be home, thank you for an enjoyable weekend everyone! I'll pay next time! Zak.

I scoffed but I couldn't resist texting back a sarcastic remark.

-Didn't realise the PB mansion was up for rent. Still you'll pay in kind to those bunnies. *vomit*

-Maria... It didn't take you long to reply. Sat at home pining for my affection yet? Or still in denial? Z.

-Urgh, I think I'll pass. How did you get my number anyway?

-Aaron, he thought we got on well together this weekend. I promised to make more of an effort. Z.

-Please don't. I'd rather not have your company for longer than necessary.

- You keep telling yourself that... Doll.

"Urgh you infuriating locus." I muttered putting my phone down. I ignored the few times it buzzed on the side, I made no attempt to even look at it.

Remembering I had to ring Tilly I picked up my phone and faced his messages.

- What you doing tomorrow night? Z.

-Maria? I'm asking you if you wanna hang out with me and Aaron? Cause we both know how limited in the friends department you are.

- That was a little harsher than it was meant to sound.. Z

-Doll?

- Okay fine! But if you don't actually start talking then I will. To Aaron about why you are checking out cancerous lumps. I want to be your friend, especially if you are going through something that you haven't told anyone about. Z

My annoyance went from calm to raging in hell anger.

I went to ring him as my fingers were to angry to text him back. How dare he?! Who the f--- doesn't he think he is?! How dare he even use that against me to make me talk to him?!

He has no idea what he was talking about!

Unable to control it I grabbed my keys and left my apartment in direction of his house.