The results are in.

I woke up before my alarm and slipped out of bed showering.  I changed into a longline jumper with black legging and biker boots. Something comfortable for later.

I pulled my hair up and secured it with a hair tie before heading out with my case dragging behind me

I checked out of the hotel and tossed my things into my car. Giving a little sigh I got in and decided to head over to the doctors.

Early morning meant less traffic, as well the surgery still being closed but I parked near it and got out running to the coffee shop opposite. The smell of coffee hit my senses and I instantly fell in love with the small shop. Tables of four were set up with mismatched chairs. But when all placed together seemed to work well. I couldn't resist taking a look at a large wall unit they hair, solid oak. Must have been late 1950s.

I'll definitely be back.

I queued up and grabbed a cappuccino   and a cinnamon whirl with a little icing on.

I couldn't resist. They looked to good!

I returned to my car and practically staked out the surgery waiting for it to open so that I could get my results and get out of there as soon as possible.

I now realised why police are so many donuts whilst they waited for action.. Because sitting in a car was boring!

I glanced at my phone seeing the countless missed calls and rolled my eyes.

Won't be any from Zak!

I had a little smile about that...

I watched the receptionist unlock the door and I was out the car. Holding myself I walked across the road

What ever the results... You can handle it. You've got this. You've go- I wish someone was here.

No. You're strong, independent and you don't need Zak.

I walked in and smiled giving my name and taking a seat in the waiting area.

After 10 minutes I was called into the room by a doctor.

A doctor..

This is bad. This has to be bad for a doctor... Right?

I debated just leaving. Just walking away and not finding the results. I don't want to do this al-

"I don't bite." The doctor smiled.

I gave an awkward laugh and made my way in the room. In the complete opposite direction of the way I really wanted to go!

"Take a seat." She smiled.

Her hair was a caramel colour and worked well with her skin tone, she has light brown eyes and wore a white blouse and black trousers.

So professional. So serious..

I sank down onto the seat and smiled as best as I could, it probably looked painful.

"So, how are you feeling?" She asked.

Oh great. Twenty bloody questions.

"I'm okay. Just nervous." I replied.

"It's understandable." I watched as she opened the file and placed her glasses on the bridge of her nose reading.

"So you had a test for the BRCA gene? Am I correct?"

YOU GOT THE PAPERWORK LADY!

"Y-yeah."

"Okay. Have you noticed any changes in your breasts?"

"No."

"No swelling, lumps, redness?"

"Nothing.

"Okay, well.. We have the results back."

Oh god. Oh god. I'm gonna cry. I'm gonna explode just tell me. Don't make me wait! She's doing this on purpose. She's being a bit-

"You do not carry the mutation gene."

I let out a cry of relief and hid my face in my hands. Through relief and shock I cried earning myself some tissues from the box.

"Tears of?"

"Relief!" I sobbed into a tissue.

She carried on talking but I was so far gone. I got to keep my boys! My twins!

I looked down at the clothes I was wearing and instantly wanted to change into something that showed my boys off. Now they were for sure staying.

I left the doctors on cloud 9. Sitting in the car I didn't know what to do next, yesterday I had booked tickets in haste but now I needed to tell someone!

I rang Aaron but it went to voicemail.

"Hey. It's me.. I uh. I got the all clear on my results!" I waited and bit my lip. "I'm going away for a little while. But I'll see you soon. Take care my little big nerd."

I hung up before I got too emotional for not giving Aaron a decent goodbye.

I started my car up and headed to the airport with reluctance.. But I made my bed and now it's time I laid in it.

*******************

"Flight 89D to England is boarding now." The announcement echoed through the slowly increasing airport.

I looked around but didn't find any faces I knew. With my passport and ticket in hand I walked to the check in. I was pushing it already, but I just expected...

I don't know what I expected.

"Good morning." The lady smiled holding her hand out for my ticket. I handed it over when another hand took it away.

"She's not flying today."

My eyes shot across at the familiarity of the voice. In all his glory Satan himself had arrived.