1: Girl Under the Tree

In the outskirts of the Rokun District, Captain Commander Yamamoto decided to take a stroll to ease up his mind on the loads of paperwork to be filled up later on. Together with his lieutenant, they ventured down the tree filled road of to who knows where.

When they passed by a certain tree, a chilly breeze brushed past them and what seems like frozen cherry blossoms were blown along with it. This caught the commanders attention.

"Sasakibe." He said in his deep voice

"Hai." His lieutenant said and vanished immediately

A few minutes have passed and Sasakibe came back with his findings.

"A frozen sakura tree is located not very far from us. Nothing seems to be surrounding it, but I found a girl laying at its roots. No Hollow activity is detected." Sasakibe reported

"A girl, huh." Captain Commander said and flash stepped to the said tree

When he arrived, it is indeed a frozen sakura tree. From the roots up to the crown, ice is decorating it making it glisten as the sun's rays hit it. The sakura petals fall gracefully to the ground as if not frozen.

At it's roots, a girl is indeed slumbering. What seems off is the girl has ears and a tail like that of a cat. She has snow white hair and a purple butterfly clip on her hair. She is clothed in a tattered white dress that falls up to her knees.

Her tail swishes from left to right as she lets out even and soft breaths. The Captain Commander approached the sleeping girl and tried to shake her but even before he can touch her, the girl's ears twitched and she was awake.

Retrieving his hand, Captain Commander Yamamoto watched as the girl stretched and yawn her sleep away. When the girl finished scratching her eyes, she focused them on the two people in front of her.

"Huh......? Who are you?" She asked in semi opened eyes.

"I am Genryusai Shinkeguni Yamamoto. Captain Commander of the 13 Court Guard Squads. This is my lieutenant, Chojiro Sasakibe." Captain Commander said softly but still came out gruff and serious

The girl looked at them and that's when they realized that she has hetero chromatic eyes. Blue on the right and pink on the left.

"State your name, little girl." Sasakibe said politely

Before answering, the girl stood up and dusted her dress. She gave a small bow and smiled showing her pointy canines.

"My name is Yuki. Yuki Sakura. Nice to meet you." She said all cheerful and smiling.

"Why are you here, child? Don't you have a family?" Captain Commander asked

Yuki placed a finger on her chin as if thinking or recalling something.

"I'm here ever since I was small. I practically grew up here! As for a family. I can't remember." Yuki answered then tilted her head.

"Don't you experience any Hollow attacks here?" Captain Commander asked again.

"Hollows? What are those?" Yuki asked innocently

"Large monster like creatures wearing a mask and has a hole in their chest where the heart is supposed to be." Captain Commander explained.

Yuki looked around while pointing a finger at her temple as if thinking hard.

"Ah! Those huge things that pass by. No, they don't attack me. It's as if they don't see me. They just pass by while chasing people or other shinigamis." She said and got distracted by a butterfly that passed by

While she chased the butterfly around the tree, Captain Commander Yamamoto is pondering on options on what to do with the girl. He observed how she chased the butterfly and how flexible she is as she pounced here and there and she even leaped on Sasakibe's shoulder and stayed there for a while.

"You know, it's been a very long time since I had shinigamis here as visitors. The last one was years ago." Yuki said as she slumped comfortably on Sasakibe's shoulder. Suprisingly, Sasakibe doesn't mind.

"Oh really, can you name the shinigami who comes here before us?" Sasakibe asked her

"Hmmm, I don't know his name. But the last time I saw him, he was being chased by that monster thingy. I didn't follow him since it looked like he didn't saw me." Yuki answered and scratched her ears and leaped off of Sasakibe's shoulder.

"Why does it seem that Hollows don't see you and shinigamis does?" Captain Commander asked

"It's because of Muracho!" Yuki said happily

"Who is Muracho?" Sasakibe asked

"This." Yuki pointed at her butterfly clip

"Muracho always says that those monsterous things are scary and dangerous so she protects me from them. She also told me that shinigamis are nice people and can be trusted." She added happily

'So that's the reason.' Captain Commander Yamamoto thought. 'Maybe she has a potential to be a shinigami herself.' He added

"Child, what do you say if we take you with us back to Seiretei?" Captain Commander asked

Yuki's eyes sparkled and she began jumping up and down.

"Yehey! Muracho was right! The last one to visit me will bring me to Seiretei! Yehey!" Yuki continued jumping and now it turned to pouncing.

She jumped on the Captain Commander's shoulders and wrapped her tail around his right arm.

"I'll come. I'd love too." She said and meowed

Captain Commander gave out a hearty laugh and rubbed Yuki's head which caused her to purr.

"You're pretty light. Sasakibe, let's go." He said and they proceeded to leave for Seiretei.

-----------------

A/N

My bleach fanfic that pretty much just popped up in my mind. Bear with the author and I hope you will like it.

Logging out-

MikuMayu