19: Flutter Of Cold Wings

It has been 45 minutes since Yuki used her Cold Mist technique to track someone but until now, they received nothing.

"Are you sure the mist will find him, Kitten?" Yuroichi said as she stood up from her sitting position

Yuki let out a huge sigh and stood as well. Dropping the act of patiently waiting when in reality she's bored out of her mind.

"Maybe it's best if we-"

Yuki's words were cut short as a huge metal claw came swiping towards her. Since her natural cat reflexes kicked in, she was able to duck at the right moment. Both Yuki and Yuroichi turned around to look at their assailant.

"Long time, Yuyu. Still remember me?" a mysterious lady shouted from the building right next to where they are

"Samui." Yuki muttered to herself

The lady known as Samui has back length shaggy black hair and very pale skin. She's wearing a black Chinese style dress that reached up to her mid thigh. On her right shoulder is a huge claw like ornament in the color black with white linings and design. She looks nearly human but what separates her from the human category are her solid black eyes and instead of having hands, claws are in it's place that are identical to what is on her shoulder but smaller. She has the same height as Yuroichi and looks like a lady in her mid 20's.

Samui gave a sadistic smirk and launched another claw attack towards Yuki. This time, Yuroichi deflected it and sent the claw back to it's owner.

"Sorry missy, but as long as I'm here, no one touches my kitten." Yuroichi said and took an offensive stance

"Playing mother eh. So you must be Yuroichi Shioin. Another pesky friend for that pesky girl." Samui said with a sneer

"But like her other friends before you, YOU'RE JUST GONNA DIE!" She added and leaped towards the building they are

Yuroichi jumped towards her and met halfway. They engaged in a furious midair battle with a few swipes and kicks here and there. Yuki just stood below not helping that's because she intends to stop something from happening.

When Yuroichi was about to kick Samui, Yuki observed Samui's hand transformed into human ones but in the color black and that is when she jumped into action. Yuki flashed step and appeared between them holding Yuroichi's foot and kicking Samui in the face. It all happened so fast that neither of them realized what happened. It resulted in Yuroichi being thrown downwards and Samui flying all towards a far away building. Yuroichi landed smoothly and Yuki landed beside her as well.

"What happened there? Why the interruption?" Yuroichi asked

"Her hands are in incineration mode. You'll turn to dust when she touches you." Yuki said while looking towards the building where Samui crashed

"Hahaue, I want you to find him immediately. Most likely the mist found him and is having a hard time coming back. I'll handle Samui until you return." Yuki said and brought out her claws

"Will you be okay?" Yuroichi said glancing at her daughter

"I'll be fine, Hahaue. Besides, this isn't the first time I confronted her. Well, alone that is." Yuki said with an underlying tone of 'Be back immediately'

All of a sudden, Samui appeared before them and swiped at Yuki. She immediately dodged it and looked at Yuroichi.

"GO, HAHAUE!" Yuki screamed the same time Samui attacked her again

Yuroichi immediately left and Yuki kept her attention on the black clad lady in front of her.

"You playing hero, Yuyu? That's so brave of you." Samui taunted the little cat girl