#1 - Just You And Me

~~~~
Imagine getting to know Sandor and falling in love with him.
~~~~

The youngest of the Clegane brothers, Sandor, had always intrigued you. And how could he not?

Standing at 6' 8'' and wearing the white-and-gold suit of armour of the King's Guard made him an imposing sight to behold. However, his towering height didn't stand out the most to people, his burn scars on the left side of his face did. They horrified and disgusted everyone who had to look upon him. But truth be told, you had never really paid any attention to those scars. You were too busy fussing over everything else about this man.

You enjoyed watching him follow your cousin around all day, you thought it was quite funny. Joff would blurt out some ridiculous statement or command and Sandor would mock him right in his face, without the boy king ever even noticing.

If you were being honest, you felt no love at all for your younger cousin. Truly, he was an awful little shit. Watching him prance about in the throne room and terrorize his servants made you want to slap him silly.

Luckily there was a small bit of consolation: wherever he went, the Hound was sure to follow. You hated that nickname he had. It was derogatory and you felt that the poor man deserved better than to be called 'hound' or 'dog'.

Whenever one of you entered a room where the other was in, eye-contact between you two was sure to follow. You didn't know how or why, but somehow you always managed to find each other, even in a great hall full of people. And whenever you caught him looking or vice versa, you always gave him your sweetest smile, even though he never answered it.

This had been going on for about two months, since he had moved into the Red Keep to serve the Lannister family and to protect his Grace as his Sworn Shield. You wanted to get to know the man everyone spat those ugly names at. You assumed you'd have to take the initiative yourself if you wanted anything to happen, because he didn't seem like the type to just strike up a casual conversation with anyone.

Whenever there was a feast in the Great Hall of the Red Keep (and there were many), Sandor was always one of the men assigned to stand watch over the festivities. You took these events as opportunities to try and talk to him. Even though you tried your best, everytime he said something like "Shouldn't you be flying off somewhere, little bird?" or "Go sing for someone else, little bird. A dog like me has no use for your pretty songs." It was frustrating and it usually worked, because those remarks tended to chase you right off.

But they didn't discourage you enough to make you give up. If you wanted to pique his interest and make him talk, you were going to have to use a completely different approach. And you were convinced that you knew just the one.

*****

The next feast was as joyful as they all were. Music played, copious amounts of food and drink were being consumed, and everyone was having a wonderful time.

At least, almost everyone.

Your target of the evening was leaning against one of the hall's columns, all by himself. He scanned the crowd with a brooding expression.

At the moment you were sitting next to your uncle Tyrion, sharing wine and exchanging stories and gossip. He always was the best company, his witty jokes made you laugh and you two shared remarkably many ideas and opinions. You were already getting a bit drunk, as was your intention. It took off the edge and hopefully gave you some extra courage to approach Sandor. How was it that you had such a strong spirit, but he just made you meek like a little lamb with a single look?

You took two full cups of wine and excused yourself to your uncle.

"(Y/n), where are you going?"