Request #3 - She Was You

~~~~
Imagine you and Sandor were lovers when you were young, but then your paths got separated. Now you are a servant of the Many-Faced God, and your current task brings you in contact with him again.
~~~~

"A girl came to us, there is someone she wishes dead. A man believes you could complete her contract."

"Who is the target?"

"An anointed knight of the King's Guard."

"A woman needs his name."

"Meryn Trant."

"Very well, then a woman shall sail to King's Landing."

Jaqen inclined his head in approval. The woman left to gather the necessary supplies, then started for the Rangman Harbour in the great city of Braavos. She paid a plenty amount of coin to one of the captains ashore, and the man told her they'd leave at first light in the morrow.

The ship sailed south for a month and a half, until eventually it changed course west and arrived in Blackwater Bay a week later. The woman had dressed in Westerosi serving girls' garments and was admitted into the Red Keep for work, bringing her close to her target. Here she would be able to observe him, find out about his habits, and use them against him.

In order to know part of the comings and goings of a man's life, one mustn't necessarily observe him. Being a knight of the King's Guard meant he spent his daytime hours around the King and guarding the peace at feasts. Time was going to tell what he did in his free moments.

Just following him around without raising suspicions was impossible, she was going to have to be subtle in learning his ways. So right now her primal concern was to blend in, to move to the rhythm of the beating of the castle's heart.

For the moment, that meant filling cups, serving food and doing kitchen work at feasts. At the first feast she served, she wasn't the most convincing example of a servant to a royal house. Her current way of life had been far from this one and customs here differed greatly from the ones in Braavos. But the second time went much better, and now she was serving for the third time. Now that she knew exactly how she was supposed to do her job, she could focus on a more important matter; her target.

Only a few looks could tell a lot about this man. He was a stern man who knew discipline, but was only loyal to his salary. And it would seem he showed a peculiar interest in the young girls that sat among the guests.

As the woman walked into the hallways to fetch more wine from the cellars, she was interrupted by a tall, hulking figure. He grabbed her by the shoulders and pressed her against the wall. It was Sandor Clegane, the King's dog.

"(Y/n)...?"

The woman frowned, and stayed in her serving girl role. "I'm sorry, m'lord, you must have me mistaken for someone else."

He held his hand under her chin and lifted her face so he could see it better. "No, I'd recognize your face out of a thousand," he let out a longing sigh. "How many years has it been?" he reminisced. His hand lifted up to cup the side of the woman's face. "I never thought I'd see you again, (y/n)..." Sandor seemed like he was about to cry.

She had known this man for years and thus she knew it was no use for her to pretend. "A woman has no name."

"What?" An astonished look was painted on his face.

"The one you speak of is in the past, she is gone now."

"What in Seven Hells are you talking about?"

"I am sorry," the woman said as she slipped from Sandor's grasp and continued her way towards the cellar.

"Hey, no, you can't just walk away from me like that." Sandor ran after her and grabbed her by the wrist, making her spin back around.