#5 - My Best Friend

~~~~
Imagine you and Sandor growing up (and getting close) in Clegane Hall and you endure several hardships together.
~~~~

4 & 5 years old:

"Hi-yah! Take that, you scoundrel!"

"My arm! You wounded me! But it is merely a flesh wound, you cannot defeat me! It shall be me who strikes you down!"

"How dare you both! As your King, I order you both to stop fighting right now!"

Another day at Clegane Hall, and another day of playing with wooden knights with Sandor and his sister Melyssa. She was the same age as you, and Sandor one year older. Their father always said that Sandor was becoming too old to play with Mel and you. He said that he should take an example of Gregor, but he was already nine years old, so you thought it was stupid of him to say that.

You never really liked the Lord, he always favoured Gregor over his two younger children, but it wasn't your place to speak against such things. For one because you were only four, and second because he had taken you into his home to foster you.

You once heard the kitchen staff gossiping that he intended to marry you to one of his sons. The thought made you shudder. Boys are stupid, you thought. But if you had to choose one of the two, it would definitely be Sandor. Gregor was always grumpy and he bullied you and everyone else that was smaller than him. Sandor, on the other hand, was so nice to you and Melyssa and he always made you laugh when you played together.

The Lord got what he wanted, your friend stopped playing with you, and trained in the yard alongside his brother instead. So you were left alone with Mel, until one day she just disappeared without a trace. Time went on and still she was nowhere to be seen, so you started asking around. But nobody seemed to know where on earth the girl was. Three days after she'd gone, you went to Sandor (who was now always very busy) to see if he knew more.

"Hey Sandor, do you know where Mel is? I haven't seen her in a couple of days."

"I haven't seen her either, and nobody has said anything. Do you think she's alright?"

"I don't know... Will you go to your father with me and ask him?"

"Okay."

Sandor got out of his padded armour and threw it aside along with his wooden sword. As you left for the main hall, Gregor eyed you both menacingly.

****

"Father, may I speak to you about something?"

"What is it, son?"

"Well, (y/n) and I were wondering... Uh... Where my sister is."

You filled in: "My Lord, we both haven't seen her in days, we worry about her."

"She's gone."

"Where did she go? Will she be coming back soon?" Sandor asked his father.

"She won't be coming back. Not soon. Not ever."

"What? Why? Is it something I did? Or my brother? Tell her I'm sorry, Father, tell her that I didn't mean-"

"She's gone, forget about her. Both of you are too young to understand. Now off with you," the man grunted.

You left disappointed, both of you now wondering even more about what happened to the little Clegane girl.

6 & 7 years old:

It was late at night but you were not tired yet, so you decided to just walk around the halls of the castle. Of course you were bored, everybody was either asleep or still busy. Your mind wandered to fantastic stories of dragons and shadowcats, when suddenly two servants popped up from around the corner and scurried past you in a rush. Then another. Then three more. "What's going on, why's everyone running?" you asked them.