Request #1 - They're Ours

⚠⚠
⚠⚠⚠
WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS! Do not read if you're not caught up on the show!
⚠⚠⚠
⚠⚠

~~~~
Imagine you and Sandor being out looking for firewood when the Brothers Without Banners kill everyone in the village, so you go avenge them together.
~~~~

"I'm going out for some more wood," you heard Sandor tell septon Ray.

"You've chopped enough wood for today, Clegane."

He shrugged, "it's going to be a cold night."

"Alright, if you really want to. I'll save you a bowl of stew then, and maybe I have some ale left somewhere." Septon Ray gave the latest member of his group a warm smile, which Sandor returned as best as he could. They parted ways as Ray started back to the skeleton of the church and Sandor left for the woods.

You got up, grabbed an axe and jogged over to your newest friend. You caught up with him and tapped him on the arm. "I'm coming with you," you chirped cheerfully.

"That's a kind offer, (y/n), but I'll be fine on my own."

"I know, but I'm still coming. We'll need as much wood as possible for tonight, and I could use the distraction, so..." Your gaze wandered to the ground in front of your feet.

"Why, what's wrong?"

"Those riders who came earlier, I don't know about them, but I just have this really bad feeling."

"Bunch of cunts, glad they didn't take the septon's offer to stay for dinner."

You hummed in agreement and the two of you continued in silence until you found a patch of ground with trees suitable for firewood. As you were chopping thin branches off a thick log, Sandor broke your concentration by engaging a conversation with you.

"Hey, (y/n)?"

"Yeah?" You stopped hacking and looked at him, awaiting his reply.

"I never actually thanked you." His axe had now fallen still as well.

A puzzled look formed on your face. "What's there to thank me for?"

"Ray told me that you never left my side when I was brought in and recovering. He said you looked after me the whole time I was unconscious; controlling my fevers, keeping me hydrated, changing the bandages, cleaning up all the blood. He told me you barely slept for two weeks while you were caring for me."

It was true. You had done all those things for him when he was out cold. You didn't know or understand why, but you did them anyway. When he finally woke up and you were sure enough about him pulling through, you slept for the better part of four days. After that, you introduced yourself and continued to care for him, but not nearly as feverishly as before he woke up. You became well acquainted with him and apart from septon Ray, you were the only person who didn't fear him.

While he explained what the septon had told him, a tinge of red had welled up below your cheeks. You were embarrassed. A short "you're welcome" was all you could manage to produce in reply. You just stood there staring at each other for a brief, awkward moment, until you resumed your work on the wood. But apparently he wasn't done yet, because he continued with a simple "why?"

You pondered the question for a second. "I don't know, really. I just wanted you to get better, I guess."

"But why were you so fanatic about it? You knew nothing about me..."

"I guess I just felt a connection, or something. I- I don't know. It's difficult to explain."

"Well look at that, an ex-assassin going soft, and out of all people, she does it for me," he said teasingly with a chuckle.