Chapter 4

Sorry for the wait again I was having major writers block. Here's the next update!
---------------------------------------
June 18th 1958

John's POV

"It's my birthday today yah know."

I looked over at Paul as he spoke. We were currently on his porch trying to write music when he spoke.

"Is it now?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Yeah, turning 16 yah know," He said straightening up.

I laughed, "Getting older isn't all that great mate."

"Well, that's because when you get older, you get more mature, John. Unlike you," he said smirking.

"Imma mature man Macca!" I exclaimed jokingly.

Paul laughed in response, "Other than that, did you get your best mate anything?"

"Now why would I do that?" I asked, pulling out my gift.

He smiled at me, saying thank you over and over, putting a 'you didn't have to' in there. Which I knew he didn't really mean, knowing Paul. He ripped the packaging open, working fast. I smiled when he pulled his gift out of the wrapping.

"Really John? A piece of paper?" He asked clearly disappointed.

I laughed, "Open the paper son! Read it!"

" 'Happy Birthday you twat.' What the hell Lennon!?" He said with a smile forming on his face.

I burst out laughing and Paul did too. We laughed so hard that tears started falling. When we finally calmed down, Paul spoke up, "I'll still be waiting for an actual present Lennon."

"Ah don't be cheeky now. That's all you're gettin'," I responded, lighting a smoke.

We tinkered around for a little while, swapping songs, getting input, laughing at dumb jokes the other made. I loved spending time with Paul, he was my best mate after all, but just something about him...

"John! Mate, it's dark don't you have to get home?" Paul asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"I guess I do Macca, but don't you need to get tucked into bed?" I joked.

He laughed, "You're very funny John, but I think I can handle meself yah know."

"Aw little Paulie, all grown up. He can even tuck himself in!" I laughed, lighting another smoke and making my way to the door.

Paul chuckled and looked over at me. I was already to the door by the time he got up.

"John, wait," He said, "I can walk with yah' home if you want."

"Paul, we all know you're afraid to walk by yer'self home, so don't bother," I said ruffling his hair.

He looked at me, his eyes dancing with worry, and sighed, "Fine, but be careful alright."

"Ah don't worry about me mum!" I laughed, while Paul just stared at me with an unamused face. "Okay, okay Macca. I promise I'll be careful," I said.

He didn't say anything, just kept looking at me, folding his arms over his chest. "Pinky promise?"  He asked.

I rolled my eyes. What a baby. "I pinky promise that I, John Lennon, will be careful. Is that good enough for yah'? "

"Yeah, yeah now get out of here you big brute or I'll cripple yah'!" He yelled pushing me out the door.

"And I thought for a second you were going all soft on me, Paulie." I batted my eyes at him.

He laughed, "Maybe I am, Lennon," and with that, he closed the door on me. 

What the hell was that supposed to mean?

---------------------------------------------------------------

My head was spinning walking home from Paul's house. Most of it was because I wasn't wearing my glasses. What did Paul mean when he said that? It didn't make any sense. WHAT DOES IT MEAN-

My thoughts were cut short by me running into something. Or someone what do I know I can't see.

"Watch it! Can't you see?" A voice spoke.

"No I can't really," I replied searching for my glasses.

When I finally found them, I positioned them on my face to see a very angry bloke staring at me. He looked like the kind of person that could kick your ass in two seconds, so I didn't really want to push him any further.

"Oh so you need glasses to see eh? Well maybe you should wear them more often so you don't run into people like me," the boy said.

"You should've moved then, so don't get angry at me you stupid git."

We stared at each other for a second before the boy burst out laughing. "the names Stu, Stu Sutcliffe," The boy, or I guess Stu now, said reaching out his hand.

I smiled, "I'm John, John Lennon, at your service," I reached out and shook his hand.

"Where you going so late at night anyway John? Sorry I got mad by the way, you seem like a nice lad."

"I'm just going 'ome that's all, and that's alright don't worry about it mate," I replied, taking out a cigarette.

"I was just heading to the pub, you want to come?" He asked.

I smiled and nodded, completely putting Paul to the back of my mind. I'll ask about it later I thought as I ran to keep up with Stu.

-----------------

THIS IS SUCH A SHITTY CHAPTER IM SO SORRY I HATE IT UAH NEXT ONE WILL BE BETTER IM SO SORRY