Chapter 7

December 1958

John POV

Christmas came and went. Not that it mattered, Mimi just got me new glasses that I didn't even need. Stu got me a new amp which I guess was nice. Paul totally forgot it was Christmas so he didn't get me shit. Except for his company.

After we had our fight, Paul was distant for a while, but he came back around. He's not weird toward me anymore which is a relief. I don't know what I would've done if I lost him.

Something about him intrigues me, but I can't figure out what it is. Probably his eyes. He has great eyes.

Ever since the day we met, Paul has been on my mind a lot. And when I say a lot I mean A LOT. I can't stop thinking about him and I'm losing my fucking mind. I should be thinking about the band or if anything, girls, but no, here I am thinking about Paul bloody McCartney.

Bloody brilliant.

------------------------------------------

It was New Year's Eve and I was feeling lonelier than ever. There was a party I had to go to later so at the moment, I was getting my ass ready to go.

"John! Your little friend is here!" Mimi yelled from downstairs, and it was still loud enough to hurt my ears.

"'M comin' Mimi!" I yelled barreling down the stairs, and seeing Paul in the door. Wearing a suit of all things. Is he trying to kill me or what?

"Looking good, Johnny! We'll be back later, Mimi so don't worry about us," Paul smiled at her, that cheeky bastard.

"Glasses John!"

"Do you have to yell everything, Mimi? I got 'em."

"Then be careful boys, don't do anything I wouldn't do," She winked at us, and chuckled.

"Alright, Mimi thanks!" Paul called in before I shut the door.

We started walking to Stu's house side by side, and laughing with each other about odd things. I realized I missed this side of Paul. Not a worry in the world.

"Alright well here we are. Do you want a smoke?" Paul asked, looking suddenly nervous.

Paul and Stu had been avoiding each other for the past month, and I was surprised when I asked Paul to come with me to the party, that he said yes.

"Macca, you have no reason to be nervous, it'll be fine. I'll be there! You won't even have to talk to Stu!" I said, trying to persuade him.

"Alright, but if he tries anything, I'm out," He mumbled, putting the smoke in his mouth.

We walked in, and the smell of alcohol and smoke hit me at full force. I could feel Paul tense up beside me, so I put my hand on his shoulder, "Macca, calm down would yah'?"

He shrugged my hand off and went to talk to George, while I looked around for Stu.

-----------------------------------------

It was about eleven now, and I have been with Stu the entire night. Not that I don't like Stu of course, but I came here with Paul and I haven't seen him the entire time. Stu also hasn't seen him, which was a good thing. He was still pissed about what happened a month ago. I should've told him that Paul was coming, but he's probably gone now. He wouldn't have left, he hates walking by himself in the dark. Shit.

"John? You doin' alright?" Stu asked, taking a drag from his cigarette. 

"Yeah, 'm just thirsty, I'll be right back," I said, standing up.

Faintly hearing Stu say something about 'why don't you go find a woman', I trudged through the room full of people to get to the fridge. Taking a beer out, and looking around for Paul. Hopefully Stu didn't get to him first. Paul can take care of himself. Probably.

Trying to get through everybody to get around was terrible. Looking for George and Paul in this mess was even worse. Where the fuck were they?

Then, after what seemed like forever, I finally found them sitting outside. I walked out, and I finally smelled fresh air again.

"John, what are you doing?" Paul asked, looking at me.

"I was looking for you, yah' git. It's an hour 'till midnight yah' know," I said, lighting a smoke, and trying to calm my nerves.

George stood up suddenly, and looked toward the doorway with an angry look on his face. He pulled Paul's sleeve motioning him to get up. I turned around to look at what George was freaking out about, even though I knew exactly why.

"Hey, Johnny! Come back-" at that point he saw Paul, and furrowed his eyebrows, "What the fuck are you doin' here?"

"I invited him!" I spoke up, walking towards Stu, "I invited him Stu, I didn't think it would-"

"Well, I don't want him here. Get the fuck out of me 'ouse McCartney!" Stu yelled, cutting me off. He looked pissed, and at that point, I even wanted to get out.

Paul stood up, flicked his cigarette on the ground, stomped it out, the silently said, "No." 

"What did you fuckin' say?" Stu yelled again.

"I said 'NO', I'm not leaving. John invited me, not you. So if he wants me to leave then I'm gone," Paul smirked.

Stu stared daggers at me, waiting for my response. I had no idea what to day to that. If I said he could stay, Stu would probably kill me, or if I said Paul has to go, he would leave and never talk to me again. I didn't know which one was worse.

"Well, we could try to figure this out-" I tried, but Stu was already walking across the yard with a look that could kill.

"You git' out me 'ouse fucker! Nobody wants yah' 'ere!" Stu yelled, shoving past me. 

"Stu! Just leave him alone a'right?" I tried grabbing him to pull him back, but he shoved me back.

"Stay out of this John!" He yelled, then turned around, and punched Paul right in the mouth. 

By the time I go to where they were, both boys were on the ground punching and kicking each other.

I tried dragging Stu off Paul, but once I did he shoved me back. "Stu, calm the fuck down mate! He didn' do anythin' to yah'!" I grabbed his shoulder, "C'mon mate, let it go."

Stu looked at me, breathing heavily. I looked down at Paul, who looked to be in a lot of pain.

"C'mon Macca, let's go," I said holding my hand out to the boy. He swatted my hand away and mumbled something. "What?" I asked.

"I can get up by myself John, leave me alone," He grunted trying to stand.

Stu chuckled, "Messed yah' up good didn' I Macca?

Paul glared at the boy, and stalked off leaving everybody at the party. Including me.

I watched after him, waiting for him to turn around, and yell at me to catch up, but it never happened. I finally lost him in the dark, so I turned to Stu who had a smug look on his face and was busy lighting a smoke.

"You really are an asshole, aren't yah'?" I spat at him, shoving my hands in my pockets as I walked into the darkness. It's fuckin' cold.

"He started it- Hey! Where you goin'?" He yelled after me.

I didn't bother answering him because he knew where I was going. To find Paul.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG it's finally done. Here is the next chapter for those who actually like my story haha. Thanks for reading you guys!