Chapter 6

Okay so I'm going to really try with this one to get it published sooner then the last one omg I'm so sorry. School has been rough lets just say that. This will have a POV change in it also. Alright lets get started! WOOP

----------------------------------------------------------

November, 1958

John's POV

When Paul started to sway, I knew something was up. He looked awful at my house, but I didn't really think anything of it. He would just blow me off anyway. But when he said that thing to Stu, I knew something was definitely off. Paul rarely got angry, and when he did, it was usually at me, but never like this.

"You alright? you keep-" I started.

"Fuck off, I'm fine. I'm bloody fine! So stop fuckin' askin'! I'm-m sick o-of you-uu..." And then it was like slow motion.

"Paul!" I yelled and ran toward the boy, trying to catch him before he fell. I ended up just grabbing his shirt sleeve, but it kept him from hitting his head too hard.

"Paulie? C'mon Paul wake up, son!" I said hitting his face a little. "STU! GET ME SOME WATER!"

It took a while, but pretty soon I heard Stu's footsteps and he handed me a cup of water, which I poured right on Paul's face.

He woke up spitting water that got in his mouth and looked at me bewildered. "What happened?" He asked confused.

"Well son, you passed out. Maybe you should eat more yeah?" I said helping him to his feet.

"I uh I did eat. This morning!" Paul stated, trying to defend himself.

"Alright Paulie, it's fine. I'll walk you home so you don't tip over on me again," I laughed.

"Don't call me that, John," He said angrily, and started walking off.

"He's in a mood isn't he?" Stu said, "What a whiny-"

"Go home Stu, and Paul's fine, so shut it yah' git."

And with that, I turned to run after my best mate.

Paul's POV

You fainted right in front of him. HIM of all people. I angrily thought to myself. This isn't what supposed to happen! Now John probably thinks I don't eat ever. You didn't eat because of him. Fuck.

"Paul! Wait up!" I heard John yell out to me so I slowed down, "I told you I was gonna walk you home remember?"

"Yeah, you don't have to. I'm fine-"

"I don't care Macca, I'm walking home with you."

I sighed, "Fine, but don't fuckin' carry me or some shit."

John laughed, "I'm not gonna carry you, Paul. I'm not that soft!"

I laughed, "Alright! Don't get defensive on me Lennon."

John chuckled while taking out his pack of ciggies and put one in his mouth, man that mouth, and gestured one toward me which I declined. I just shoved my hands in my pockets and we walked on; in silence.

As we walked on, I kept sneaking glances at John. What is he thinking? Is he upset with me? There was so much going on in my head that I almost missed what John was saying.

"-Macca?" He finished saying.

"What?" I stopped to look at John, who also stopped walking.

"I said 'Why are you acting weird toward me?'" He repeated, crossing his arms.

My eyes went big. Well I'm dead. He noticed I was being weird. Shit. "Well, uh, I'm not being weird, John. I just didn't get enough sleep last-"

"Cut the shit, Paul. You've been acting weird ever since I brought Stu to be in the band! You got something against him?" He asked, yelling.

I froze. I can't tell him why! He would kick me out of the band for sure. "I have nothing against Stu, Johnny. Just forget about it!" Good one, Paul.

"Well how come you're acting all weird then?! You keep leaving early from gigs and practices-"

"That's 'cause-"

"Let me fuckin' finish! You've never done that before! Before Stu, we always stayed out late remember? We were always the last to leave, and now your excuse is your Da'? I don't believe a word yer' fuckin' saying mate! So stop lying and tell me why, Macca," He finally finished, breathing heavily.

I've never seen him this angry at me. I started fumbling with my words, I didn't know what to say, and John was still looking like he wanted to straight up murder me. I had to say something though. Fuck.

"John, uh, it's not because of Stu..." I started as I felt my face heat up. Just do it.

"Then why, Paul?! 'Cause I can wait here all FUCKIN' DA-"

"IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU!" I yelled, cutting him off. I watched as his face turned from angry, to flat out confused.

"What-"

"It's because of you, John. That's why I don't stay late anymore with you! Yah' happy now?" I started walking again after I said that, shoving my hands in my pockets. Part of me didn't want him to come after me, but the other part wanted him too. I heard his footsteps walking to catch up with me, but I didn't slow down.

He caught up with me, and grabbed my shoulder to turn me around, "Jesus Paul, you didn't even give me a 'why'. Are you pissed at me or somethin'? What did I do?"

I couldn't answer. My throat was dry. I could see his eyes searching for any hints on my face. I started to tear up. He'll call me queer and kick me out of the band, I can't.

"Macca hey, listen," he started, lowering his voice, "I didn't mean to get mad alright? It's just, I thought we were best mates, and now you're acting all weird toward me. It pisses me off, Paulie."

I had the hugest urge just to kiss him right then and there, but he was right. I looked down at my feet, "I'm just, I'm going through some stuff, John I'm sorry."

And with that, I shrugged his hand off my shoulder and walked away, not looking back. He was right, if I wanted to keep this friendship, I had to keep my feelings bottled up. It's for the best, do it for John. Do this for John.

----------------------------------------

OMG That was a whirlwind of emotions. I'm excited for what will come next! I hope you guys are too!!!! Thanks for reading cuties!!