Chapter 4 - A huge crush.

After the series came to an end, Abhimanyu Malhotra was the hot topic discussed at schools, colleges, universities, news channels and sports channels.
The girls who were into cricket were gushing over his charms and handsome looks. The boys were praising his talent. The cricket experts were giving their opinions about his career. Some called him as a star in the making. The others disagreed with them. They were of the opinion that one good series couldn't decide the future. In short, he had succeeded in creating a good hype among the people, the adults and the youth especially. Days passed, time flew, people changed, priorities changed and even my friends and company changed. Change is inevitable. We should never be afraid of change because change always led to a new beginning as it happened with me. It had been already two years since Abhimanyu debuted for India Under-19. He was now playing the local domestic tournaments and premier leagues worldwide. He was waiting for his national call now. He had proved himself as a gem of a person with heaps of talent in his bag. He had impressed everyone by his intelligent mindset, his game plan and his natural way of playing. He never got himself under pressure of any bowler. He had shown his amazing abilities and immense talent as a captain as well when he led the team in Under-19 world cup and led the team to victory. It was such a proud moment for the entire nation. He had already become everyone's favourite because of his handsome and charming looks, goofy yet subtle personality and good moral values. He respected everyone and there was never any scandal regarding him on the news.

'Here comes Abhimanyu Malhotra at the crease to bat with his partner Virat Kohli!'

The commentator announced. The volume of the TV was so loud that I could hear the commentary all the way upstairs to my room. Thanks to my dear brother who had turned on the TV on full volume as if he were sitting in a cinema hall.

"Cheekuu, Run Run. C'mon be quick. Abhi is out to bat."

Arnav bhai [brother] shouted from downstairs. I could literally hear the commentary word to word even with the doors and windows closed.

'Here comes the first six!'

"Cheeku, Jaldi kar. [Be Quick] He is hitting amazing sixes!"
My brother was a constant distraction as if Abhi and Virat were not enough already.

I was continuously trying not to pay any attention and concentrate on my quiz preparations. I had an Anatomy's quiz the day after tomorrow.

Oh wait, I forgot to tell you something very important about myself. I was now in medical school, second year. I had struggled alot to get into one of the best medical colleges in the country and I succeeded in that. Hardwork never goes in vain. Whatever you seek is always seeking you in return. Good things always happen to those who hustle. Believe you can and you're already half way there because your only limit is you.

The professor showed no mercy for us 'Cricket freaks' despite the ongoing Indian Premier League season.

Today, there was a match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and Delhi Daredevils. Abhimanyu and Virat were in the same team that was Royal Challengers Bangalore. The amazing run machine AB Devilliers and the Six Monster Chris Gayle were also in their team. It was unbeatable till now. What more could I have asked for when both of my BAEs were playing in same team. The tournament had almost come to an end. Now the play-offs were going on and today was the first one.
I was now a huge fangirl of Abhimanyu Malhotra like thousands of others. Infact I had a huge huge crush on him. He had not yet debuted in the national team but still almost everyone knew about him in the country.

It was not a surprise that I was supporting RCB for today.

Traitor, Traitor, Traitor.
My conscience mocked me as I was not supporting my hometown, Delhi. But there was nothing wrong in supporting your favourite player's team afterall they all belonged to the same country in the end. My room was filled with Abhi's and Virat's posters. They both had developed a very good bond of friendship with each other over the years.