Chapter 16 - Self Realisation

COMING BACK TO MUMBAI after a much needed trip, I felt a renewed spirit inside me. I felt like everything was now going to be perfect in my life. I would gladly accept whatever comes my way and won't complain about anything that didn't belong to me. I won't be having any expectations from anyone because expectations always hurt.

It was already Friday and I was preparing for my dinner date with Viren. He was a sweet guy to be honest but he wasn't my type of the guy. I might be formulating opinions about him before even meeting him properly and prejudicing him and his personality but the kind of vibes that he gave off were not so much according to my taste.

It is often said that when you meet someone from the opposite gender, both the bodies emit some waves. If the wavelengths match, then you seem to like that person and if they don't, you don't get along no matter what. So I guess, Viren's wavelength did not match mine. Instead my wavelengths matched with someone so far out of my reach. I sometimes felt like I loved the moon, the stars and every single thing that was beautifully unreachable.

Okay. Breath in. Breath out. Calm down and simply shut up, Rhea. Stop these negative vibes. You haven't even met him yet so shut up.

My conscience mocked me and I kind of agreed with her and so I did my make up. I wore ripped white denims with silver converse and dark blue thermal shirt over that, it had a big white heart at the centre and I loved this shirt. I was not going to dress up just because I was going on a dinner date with a guy. I was very much comfortable in my clothes and in my skin. Besides it was cold so I didn't want to wear a short dress. I checked the rolling wand and almost burned my fingertips in the process. I quickly rolled my hair and pinned them neatly.

"Ree? You ready?" Aisha asked excitedly. Apparently, she was more excited than me.

"Yep." I popped out my tongue.

"What? No way. You look so ugly. Go and apply some make up." She insulted me on my face.

"No thanks. I am comfortable like this." I rolled my eyes at her, blowing my nails and scrolling through my instagram.

"Poor guy will run away on his first ever date. You look like you're wearing a night dress." She again spoke trying to convince me.

"Do I look that bad?" I asked, now somewhat concerned.

She nodded sticking out her bottom lip. "Bitch, then do my make up. I order you."

"You order me?" She looked appalled as I nodded at her. "No freaking way. Beg me first."

"Aisha didi...Please Please Do my makeup." I spoke dramatically and she agreed. "Keep it light though. Don't make me look like some character from avatar."

After a while, she was done with my make-up. There was a knock on the door.

"He's here." Aisha squealed. "Aww. I can't believe my Rhea grew up so quickly." She wiped away fake tears and hugged me.
I just rolled my eyes at her in return.

"Finally some guy has asked you out. Oh My God." She continued to act like maniacs as she opened the door.

"Hi Viren." She grinned at him, making me look at him as well.

"Uh -- Hi." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously. In the meanwhile, I took my time to check him out. He was the CR of our class and girls were crazy after him. He was wearing a white muscle shirt, black jeans, red sneakers and a rust coloured leather jacket on top. His hair were falling messily on his forehead making him look kind of cute.

I grabbed my cellphone and my 'gucci' clutch. Hey, atleast let me show off. It was so expensive, like so so expensive.

Aisha moved aside as I stood at the threshold. He handed me a bouquet of flowers. It was beautiful and smelled too nice. Aisha mouthed an 'Awe' to me as I inhaled the beautiful fragrance.