seven

I moved to London before seeing Matty again. I didn't ring him; I didn't text him. That night after their concert, when we were hanging around the carpark, was the last time I'd seen him. I didn't contact him because I was afraid I'd become attached to him if we met again. I thought I'd never see him again. I went to fashion school and I met Nina. She told me her name was Nina Cecelia, which she had made up, but she didn't want anyone calling her by any other name. Nina had just come from Germany. Neither of us knew anybody in London, so we became best friends the day we met. She had long, chocolate brown locks back then. She was studying to be a stylist. Althought, Nina didn't really know if that what she wanted to do, in fact she had not clue what she wanted to do exactly. She was studying the course so that she could feel as if she was doing something with her life. She got scouted by a modeling agency at a photoshoot when she was doing work experience for a local brand. She was getting some bookings here and there, she thought she'd never get anywhere in modelling. It was summer and I had turned 18. Nina and I were at a concert for this indie rock band we both liked at the time. We were in some dingy bar. Ripped posters were pasted all over the walls, and the floors were sticky. Nina and I were jumping around to the loud music as the singer played out a familiar tune on his guitar and the drummer banged on his drums. We were lost in the music. And then, before the second chorus, I looked to my right and see him. His movements almost matched mine. He was jumping around, his arms in the air, his left hand holding onto a lit cigarette. Was smoking even allowed? My eyes widened and I quickly turned away, facing back to the stage. I ignored him for the rest of the night, hoping to stay out of his sight. I didn't tell Nina, even though she knew everything about Matty and his friends, and my short encounters with them. A few drinks later Nina was on a complete high, and typical of her, she was on the verge of falling in a deep sleep. We stumbled out of the bar into the dead of night. I had Nina's arm around my shoulders, trying to keep her standing.

"I can't." She said as she slowly slipped to the ground. She was laying on her side on the cold concrete, her arm stretched out above her, her other hand covering her face.

"Crap, Nina. Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She said before practically passing out.

"Oh my god." I mumbled.

"Tati?" I turned around and screamed, putting my hand to my heart. "Does she need help?" Matty said as her urgently ran to Nina, moving the hair away from her face.

"She drank too much, and then she passed out. She gets really tired when she drinks." He looked up at me.

"Call a taxi, I'll help you take her home."

"I can handle her by myself, thank you." I spoke defiantly while grabbing my phone from my purse. A classic flip phone.

"Didn't seem like it, Tati." He smiled up at me.

From that night on, I couldn't escape him. He was everywhere, literally. I would walk out of class and he's on the street, leaning against his car door, smoking a cigarette. He would constantly text me, or call me, with the purpose to simply annoy the crap out of me. It was all just useless chatter. We became friends. He would meet me after I finished my classes for the day, we would go get lunch and walk around London. It was all innocent at first. I was secretly falling for him, and I was hoping he liked me back too. I was so convinced that we would turn out to be a perfect couple. My thoughts were always so far-fetched. We kissed one night, after spending our time in the city. We ended up in his bed. Nothing else happened, but that was truly the start of it all.

"You should have kissed him, you rat!" Nina whined at me, her mouth full of rice. I cringed.

"Yeah, right." I scoffed, putting a spoonful of brown rice in my mouth.

"You are so boring. I need a more exciting best friend."

"Hey, I'm right here. I'm way more exciting than Tati, meaning, I actually have a sex life." I glared at Lionne.

"Well, I'll have you know. When I was with Matty, I had enough sex to last me the next five years." Nina and Lionne pretended they were gagging and I chuckled loudly.

"That is true. Tati here is way more sexually experienced that anyone else in this room." Nina stated, waving her hand around.

Lionne gasped, "Prove it!"

"What the heck. No." I shook my head and we all laughed. "Are you guys coming to baby Kristina's birthday on Sunday?"

"Yeah, duh." Nina said.

"Hey, maybe you should ask Matty to come." Lionne wiggled her eyebrows and I kicked her thigh as she sat on the floor.

"You should, Tati! He was friends with Ivy, I'm sure he'd love to go." Nina made sense for one of the few times in her life.

"I suppose." I heard soft squeals and turned my head towards the girls, they instantly stopped. I sighed, "We aren't getting back together. Ever."

"Keep telling yourself that." Nina got up from the futon and walked to the kitchen.

 They know something I don't.

Sorry the story's a bit slow now, I promise it will pick up! so i found the girl's (who i imagine as Tati) blog, its nastycvnt.blogspot.com. im so glad i found her shes so beautiful and cool!!!