7

Friday 24th June 2016

Exactly 24 days had passed since Jungkook and Hanna texted. Hanna had wondered what was happening; normally she would've already spammed the boy with messages – but this was different.

Hanna had a bad feeling in her gut, telling her to wait for Jungkook to text her when he was ready. So Hanna counted, hoping her gut was right for once – since it always made the worst choice for food combinations.

21:07

Hanna: it has been 24 days, where are u JEON JUNGKOOK >:(

She waited for the 'seen' icon to pop up, but she sighed as her rainbow coloured, butterfly filled bedroom wall seemed to feel grey.

Hanna locked her phone, getting off her bed. She was going towards the door, to go get an orange flavoured ice lolly, when a ping came from her phone.

She stopped.

The delightful noise filled the room again, for just a second. Gulping, she walked over to her bed – not letting her hopes get too high.

21:10

Anonykook: it's cold :(

Anonykook: open the door

Hanna felt as if her heart leaped, made a full front flip, and then done the splits as she ran down the stairs – skipping the last one. She stared at her front door, hesitant on whether to open it. Hanna shook her head, grabbing the doorknob and twisting it.

She gasped. Jungkook was dripping wet from head to toe, his black face mask covered the bottom half of his face, while his hair covered the top. He was still in his school uniform, which Hanna found weird.

"Jung-" Before Hanna could confront him, the boy took his hand off the doorframe and collapsed right in her arms. Even though Jungkook was taller than her, Hanna could easily hold him in place. She held him away from her, trying to look at his face. Jungkook's eyes were closed – clearly unconscious. Hanna's breath hitched, as she panicked about what to do – her mother would come home in about an hour.

Slowly and carefully, she dragged Jungkook to the living room. Once she set him on the couch, Hanna gently took off his face mask. Her eyes widened.

Jungkook had a fading trail of bruises around his eye, then a clear, a sickly purple and yellow one under his lip. His lip seemed to have been just injured, since the blood was still running fresh. Leaving Jungkook, Hanna rushed to the bathroom for a first aid kit. Thank god her mother was a nurse, or else Hanna wouldn't even be able to treat a paper cut.

Jungkook was still passed out, so Hanna decided to lay him down. She quickly poured a small amount of alcohol on a cotton pad, gently dabbing it on the cut. Jungkook winced, surprising her, but didn't wake up.

After Hanna put a plaster on the cut, she looked at the boy all over. His uniform was dirty and he smelled of alcohol. Hanna sighed.

I didn't know you were like this Kookie.

Suddenly, Jungkook's eyes shot open. He groaned and rubbed his head, looking around the room to finally make eye contact with Hanna. The room stayed silent, with only the ticking of the clock accompanying their breathing.

Jungkook sighed. "I'm sorry."

"For what?" Hanna had almost forgotten the agonising 24 days she spent waiting. Jungkook moved his legs so he could sit up shoulder to shoulder with the girl.

"For going away like that."

"What happened?" Hanna asked, taking a great risk to get into someone's business. Jungkook exhaled, throwing his head back.

"My dad came back from rehab," he paused. "He went to rehab a year ago, so I lived with my aunt. He seemed fine for a week after coming back, but then he met a friend." Hanna went blank, realising that she was unfair to be angry at him.

"D-did your dad do that to you?" She looked over to all the bruises, wondering how a parent could be so horrible. Jungkook nodded, turning his head – only to notice how the close the two were. They didn't even notice the front door open silently, or the footsteps that approached the living room.

"Oh, Hanna you didn't tell me you had a friend over."
~

A/N: I haven't updated in gazillion years XD hope you guys like this, I will update more today and next week so please anticipate it ;)

Question: what do you think would've happened if someone didn't interrupt them?