10

With a shaky hand, and a nerve racking heart, Jungkook reached out for the doorknob and twisted it. The door creaked as he slowly opened it, making Jungkook scared that his dad would pounce on him the moment his whole body stepped into the house. But there was nothing to be afraid of, because the moment Jungkook was surrounded by the empty beer cans, used cigarettes, and the way-too-strong alcohol smell, the boy saw his dad passed out on the couch. Without hesitating, Jungkook stepped over the excessive litter and made his way towards his old bedroom. He was only going to take the absolutely needed, to not worry Ms Kim and Hanna. He began hearing groans coming from the living room, but he kept on filling his duffel bag with clothes.

"Aish, you punk. So you came back." A slurred voice came out from behind. Jungkook's eyes widened and he stood paralysed with fear.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" Suddenly, a hand grabbed Jungkook's shoulder and turned him around with such great force, that he wobbled around a bit. The drunken man, who seemed to look similar to Jungkook except for his ungroomed facial hair and chubbiness, examined the duffel bag with his eyes overflowing with anger and confusion. The man threw his head back and began to laugh with a thunderous tone. Then, after only a second, his straight face was back as he slammed Jungkook against the wall.

"You're leaving me, huh?! Just like your prostitute of a mum, huh?!" The man grabbed Jungkook's neck and began to tighten his grip little by little.

"Dad," Jungkook struggled for air. "Mum died... You killed her." His eyes widened, realising the miniature figure of a girl creeping up on his dad with a whiskey bottle.

Hanna "accidentally" lost Jungkook on the way. And by "accidentally" she meant that she got distracted by a run away pup. Other than guessing where Jungkook was, Hanna believed she had luck on her side to not arrive too late. The scene was horrendous, beer cans everywhere, cigarettes, broken furniture, and a tall man stumbling towards a room. She heard mumbling; then a slam; then yelling. Thanks to Hanna's binge watching of crime shows, she always fantasised how it would feel to smash a bottle over one's head. So she grabbed an empty whiskey bottle and crept her way into the bedroom that was now filled with yelling.

Even though she shouldn't have been surprised, her jaw dropped as she saw Jungkook being strangled by the said man. On instinct, she immediately smashed the bottle over the man's head and watched as he turned around to say something... But collapsed. She stared at the man, then felt the immense stare Jungkook was giving her. Looking up, she saw that Jungkook wasn't too happy with her presence.

***

"Awe, come on." Hanna whined, after Jungkook and her had arrived at the mall. At first, it took a long time for Hanna to convince Jungkook to come out of the house, but luck again was on her side – or blackmail.

The two had been at the mall for three hours. They bought clothes; ate food; and drank bubble tea. This was already Hanna's third bubble tea and yet the latter hadn't said a word to her.

"Are you going to be mad at me forever?" Hanna asked, batting her eyelashes as she tried to show some aegyo. Jungkook gave her a long glance, before turning back to look out of the window of the bubble tea shop.

All the boy wanted to do was get home. His hands were filled with numerous shopping bags, which made them ache. Jungkook had also sworn to himself that he won't talk to Hanna, and enjoy how she tried to act cute for him.

The two shortly arrived home after, as Hanna wanted to make an Italian dish that night: lasagne. Jungkook, having a bad idea about this, demanded to help.

"Nope, go on. I could do this myself!" Hanna shooed the boy, who ended up watching from the kitchen table "just incase". To speak the truth, it made Jungkook feel some kind of feeling as he watched the girl put her hair in a messy bun and perfectly tie the apron around her waist. He realised he had this feeling before; the feeling when he forgets about everything else and enjoys that moment.

The bus trip from the shelter, it happened there too.

His daydream was interrupted when he felt something waggling beneath his feet. As he looked under the table, it was the cutesy Kimbap trying to catch his own tail. Jungkook let out a breathy chuckle, picking up the dog and putting him on his lap.

"Ow, sh-"

Jungkook's head shot up, seeing Hanna  walking back and forth and shaking her right hand around. He instantly stood up and grabbed Hanna's arm, putting her injured finger under the cold water of the sink.

"Idiot." He murmured. Hanna grinned, finally achieving her goal.

"What's so funny?" Jungkook asked, not acknowledging his own smile that was creeping on his face. Hanna shook her head and looked up, her eyes widening as she saw how close they were. Jungkook was still concentrated on the injured finger, so he didn't know what it was that made the latter quiet.

"Hey, are you lis-" As he turned around, his lips collided with Hanna's. Jungkook's heartbeat increased by a trillion, and he had no idea what to do next. But before he could decide, the oven timer went off and Hanna detached herself to check on the lasagne.

"It's ready." She said, snapping Jungkook out of his baffled state. He nodded, wiping his hands when he remembered something. He looked around the kitchen for the first aid kit, finding it in one of the drawers, then looked in for a plaster. When he found one, Jungkook walked over to Hanna and turned her around to face him.

It was definitely too close, and Hanna never felt too close to people. But now, her eyes watching how Jungkook's perfect eyebrows furrowed as he unwrapped the plaster. And how his shaky breath sent chills down her spine. And how his hand wrapped around her wrist to make hers come closer to him. And how he bit his tongue as he, carefully, wrapped the plaster around her finger. And the small victory smile he had on his face as he finished, which then faded as he saw how close the two were. And how he leaned in and their lips gently crashed into each others. And how the lasagne was horrible so they just ordered pizza. And how she went to sleep with only that kiss in her head.

Yep, that never happened. So how was she going to cope?
~

A/N: ahhhhhhhhh, I made them kiss!!!!!!! *squealing at 8am cause this wasn't meant to happen* but oh well this is beautiful! I hope nothing happens to them ;;;;;)

also, thank you for 1k reads guys ahhhh! You guys are so bae, I'll try and update a lot more during my holidays :)