Concert Time?

The tickets came three weeks later.

Alex was the one to find them, and when she did, she had freaked out. I had been sitting on the couch watching TV when a frenzied Alex bolted into the living room. She was near hysterical and I could barely understand what she was saying, but when she began to wave the Black Veil Bride's tickets wildily around, I knew that I had to make my decision soon.

Ashley wasn't going to wait forever and I didn't want to give him the chance to leave. Although, a part of me just wanted to let him go and not be hurt. It'd be so much easier and Ashley would just be a memory. But two words would ring in my head, two words that have been haunting me for three months. What if? What if I'd called Ashley the night after Warped? What if I say yes to the tickets? What if I say no?

It was all just too confusing for me. All I wanted to do was forget about it but that was getting harder and harder because Alex and Cassandra wouldn't let me forget about them. The bastard had sent two tickets, one for me and for whoever else I wanted to bring. Of course if I did go, which I'm not saying I am, Alex would obviously come with me. That is until Cassandra began to complain about being left out.

Now, not only was it about Ashley but also my two best friends.

I decided to turn to my mom for advice. She was always there when I needed her the most, especially when things had gotten bad with Alex. She was my rock when I couldn't turn to my best friends.

"How old is he again?" Mom asked two nights before the concert.

I sat at the old wooden table in her kitchen, cradling a hot cup of tea in my hands. Mom was sitting across from me, legs crossed, and her intimidating green eyes staring me down. If you looked at us, you'd think we were sisters. We often were mistaken for sisters.

"Twenty eight."

"And he's a rockstar?" 

"Yep."

She shrugged, "It's up to you, Lexi. Of course being a rock star he's going to have that repuation. Who knows. Maybe he's really into you and he'll stop his ways just for you."

"Maybe," I stressed, my hands tightening around the cup. "I can't take that chance mom."

"Baby," She cooed, leaning forward and grasping my hand in her frail ones. I stared at her, desperate for some advice. Something that would actually help me instead of "He's in Black Veil Brides". "It's been two years since Henry, you did to get over that man. You can't let what he did effect you for the rest of your life. You're going to miss out on so many things if you do."

I winced at the mention of my ex, Henry. Things hadn't ended very well and I tried my best to not bring him up. Mom noticed and a kind smile graced her face.

"This Ashley guy sounds like he can help you, Lexi," She advised, sitting back in her seat. "You're not living a life if you don't take chances, darling."

"But-"

"Is he cute?" She cut me off, raising an eyebrow.

I stuttered, "What? Mom! You don't ask me that-"

"Well, is he?" She prompted.

"I guess. He has long black hair and warm brown eyes. He's really pale but it fits him. And he isn't too buff but when you hug him, you can feel all the muscles he has. And he smells so good and it makes me feel safe. Plus, he's taller than me. And he has such a soft voice, but I heard him shout and it can get really deep."

Without realizing it, I began to ramble about the man of my problems. Mom didn't say anything, instead leaning back in her chair with a smug look on her face. It wasn't until I was talking about Ashley's smile did I understand what she was doing.