Chapter one

People think that being what i am is great, eternal life, bossing people around and doing what I want. I can tell you now that it isn't all that fun, you have to be on the run from vampire hunters and you can't stay at one place for too long. Yes, I'm a vampire if you didn't realise. The only thing good about all this is that I'm with my friend Rosie who's only 18 years old. I'm only 20, we didn't chose this... I don't think anyone really chooses to be a vampire.

"We need to stop" She choked out still running next to me, she was right... We've been on the run from Eric for 4 days now. That means we haven't stopped which means we haven't fed. When a vampire doesn't feed they go rabid and wild. I grabbed her arm and we both stopped at the same time, he wouldn't be near us now. 

"Fine, eat and then we continue running" I ordered and she nodded quickly running and attacking the nearest animal she could find. We was in the desert so no humans were around for us to feed on, actually, there wasn't many animals. I stood at the road and peered down it, they'll be a car soon. I can hear it, It will be here in about 5 minutes.

"You hear that?" She asked quietly walking next to me, I looked at her and frowned. She had blood all over her mouth.

"Clear yourself up" I snapped and she wiped her mouth, "We need a lift... and a proper drink" I smirked and she nodded as her eyes lit up. "Just try and copy me" I whispered and saw the car in the distance, not long now. I can smell the blood, it was like it was calling me. "Change of plan, sit down and hold your leg in pain" I ordered and she did what she was told, she hid her face so it looked like she was crying. Nice one.

I ran to the road slowly and stood there waving my arms. The car came closer and but started slowing down, easier than I expected. It came to a halt and I ran to the drivers side of the car.

"Hello?" The man asked raising an eyebrow "What's wrong?" He asked as I gave him my best panic face.

"M...My friends hurt her leg!" I explained taking a deep breath and he nodded undoing his seat belt, he jumped out the car and ran to her.I looked in the car and saw the keys in the ignition, really? Is that man dumb? I crept up behind him and saw Rosie look up and smile.

"You okay?"

"Thanks for helping us, you'll be remembered" She whispered and before he could speak, I dug my teeth into his neck hitting his arteries. I sucked the blood out of his body and Rosie grabbed his wrist drinking from there. I forgot how good human blood tastes, It was like heaven on earth. 

After about 5 minutes of drinking we both finally let go, he was drained. I stood up wiping my mouth and Rosie copied, I ran to the car and to the drivers seat.

"Aw! Why can't I drive?" She asked sitting next to me and I smirked

"Cause you're the younger one" I told her driving off.

"Well, where are we going?" She asked and I looked at her smiling, the one place we wanted to go but never did...

"New Jersey" I whispered