Chapter 1(Edited)

"Uh-huh, so this-" my father got cut off by Nate "But when he got back to England, Queen Elizabeth confiscated all his charts and logbooks including this one-and then swore his entire crew to silence,"

"Yeah, so this-" My father tried to speak again but got cut off again by Nate, I sat on the table we are all around, knees up to my chest and look over to my father shrugging my shoulders when my father looks at me.

"Y'see, Drake discovered something on that voyage, Sully, Vi. Something so secret, and so valuable, they couldn't risk it getting out,"

"All right Nate-just pretend a minute that we don't really care about any of this stuff and cut to the chase, would'ya" and Nate looks over to me just as I tell him. "I don't give a shit personally," This comment causes Nate to sign and shake his head before finally deciding to reply.

"Only interested in the climax, things proves your related," Which caused me and my father to look at each other and roll our eyes, I may look more like my mother but I do act more like my father.

"You must be a real hit to the men and ladies" which caused me to laugh while my father answers, "Never got any complaints"

"You properly have, you just won't tell us," I say with a smirk which made Nate laugh and agree before he finally cut to the chase about the diary, "Okay then, I'll jump to the good part, just for you two," and that's when he turns to a page and hands it over to my father and me, I turn my head to have a look but I refused to move off the table and the diagram on the page makes us laugh happily.

"Oh my... El Dorado," I gasp in complete shock, glancing at Nate before turning back to the book and flipping through the page. Nate had his hands on his hips and replies "He was onto something big, all right,"

I turn to Nate and ask "Does it say anything else?" and caused him the reply cocky "Oh, so now you're interested, huh?" as he takes to diary from dad's hand.

"Yeah," My father says now leaning on his hands which are placed on the table next to me, I gesture Nate to talk with a small grin on my face.

"Well, unfortunately no - last page was torn out...I'm telling you, Sully... Vi. This is it - this is finally," Within seconds, I jumped off the table and stood next to Nate, smiling that we have a good chance to find something big but that disappeared until I remembered about Elena.

"Only.... we got one little problem," and both men look to where I pointed. To Elena, who's still on the phone.

"Vi. The girl can hold on her own. You saw her," and I quickly reply. "All right, you go and tell her "we just found the lost City of Gold. Maybe her producer can get it onto there show within the next day," and Nate looks outside towards Elena.

"Oh, come on," Before I could say anything else cocky and with sarcasm, my father cuts in and asks Nate If he trusted us, Nate does a small shrug as he replies. "More or less,"

"Good, cause we're gonna have every two-bit scumbag in the world racing us to the treasure unless we cut her loss right now,"

"You're a real gentleman, Sully," and that was all Nate said as my father answers before walking towards the wheel, and I was about to sit on the floor until I realise Elena was looking in and I wave and sat down. I knew she didn't trust us and after that stunt, she definitely wouldn't for any time soon.

We all walked through a large forest to try and find the El Dorado as we walked the hill, Nate and I walked in front before we could walk any further I hear my dad.

"Hold. Hold on you two. I'm not as young as I used to be." as he takes deep breaths, I realised my black tank top had risen and my denim blue shorts and had fallen a bit, I groan as I short my clothing out before whispering, "I knew I should have worn a belt," but I didn't realise Nate had heard me as he chuckled quietly.

"You weren't too old for that little barmaid in Lima, were you?" Nate asks which made me feel quite sick and the comment caused me to groan and speed up, the two men following behind.

"Well, that was different. Although I must admit, equally as strenuous," he replies.

"Well, hang in there, old timer. We're just about there," Nate laughs, I turn to look over my shoulder as I decide to comment on this one night stand.

"You need to be more careful dad if you don't, you'll have more children to look after," I look behind and smile as he replies "Yeah you're right, I can hardly control you" which caused Nate to laugh while I smirk, Nate and I walk in front, beside each other.

"Y'know, this reminds me- I ever tell you about the time pawned a 16th-century Santo off on Pablo Escobar?" My fathers ask as we all climb onto a large rock.

"I remember that" I announce with a laugh as my father laughs and carries on "Ah, risky move, but by the time he figured-it-out it was gone...Nate, are you even listening to me?"

"Hanging on every word," as replies jumping over to a rock which I followed and I hear my dad in the distances "Ah, why waste my breath," I laugh as we all walk past the small stream, I speed up a little so I'm now walking beside Nate so I could ask, "You really think Francis Drake came all the way up here? We are quite some time away from England," Nate didn't bother to reply as he searches for something in the area.

"I don't get it...according to this, we're right on top of the mark," Nate announces with a confused expression and looks around.

"Maybe you're not reading that thing right. Let me see," My father reaches for the object in Nate's hand but Nate wouldn't allow it as he stops him "No, this is the place," I look around before I announce the obvious.

"There's nothing here, Nate. Another dead end!"

"Easy Vi, just relax," Nate tries to calm me down but all he got was a glare "Let's take a look around,"

I sigh and nod, agreeing with him. I just hope there is something here.