Chapter 12

Nathan and I were in cover on the jet skis, I had a gun that shoots something like grenades. You get the idea, let's just say I don't take notice of the weapons are called as long as they work then they are fine for me.

There is a load of men shooting us and I was the only one who could stop it, if Nate just drives out there is a huge chance that we'll either get shot to death, hit one of the barrels and explode or get out alive and I don't want to take the risk so I shot each spot where one of the enemies stood shooting and blow them up in seconds.

And we did that until we reached the Harbor, Nate and I was the first ones there we stayed in place was until Elena came over the ramp to reach the Harbor.

"There it is," Elena says once she gets across, I look at the building, looking for a way to get in but there seems to be no way in well from this side anyway.

"Y'know, I read a story about-," I say but was cut off by Nathan

"You read" as he said this I roll my eyes and slap his shoulder before carrying on. "A cursed Inca Treasure...you know you don't suppose that"

"Please, don't tell me you believe in that stuff. I would never for you, Violet would believe something like that" Nathan replies as he drives towards a small surface.

"I'm just saying... something bad happened here. A whole colony doesn't just up and vanish." I reply which caused Nate to laugh a bit before he agreed in a sarcastic way. (To me it sounded sarcastic)

"Well, how do you explain it?" Elena asks as she drives just behind us and Nate didn't answer, he just speeded up towards the surface, stopping the jet ski by some steps, he gets off and helps me get off as he pulls me off another wave of pain spreads through my waist but I thankfully hide it well.

"Looks like that cable would get us up there" I hear Elena say as we walked away from the jet ski's, Nate and Elena were in front of me whilst I stood behind them in pure agony.

"Let's check it out" Nathan replies as he walks in front of us, I follow behind whilst Elena stayed where she was as called "I'll stay here, and keep an eye on our rides. See if you can figure a way to get us to the tower"

Nathan and I didn't bother looking back or replying we just carried on following the surface hoping it will bring us to an entrance but as we carried on there were some men there.

So I hide behind cover which there is a lot of and start shooting at the enemies. Nate stood behind a wall and shooting with his rifle whilst I was behind a broken wall which I had to crouch behind to keep cover, I'm shooting these men with a small pistol as I had no other gun and I handle handguns better.

We carry on moving both of us picking up spear ammo as we go but it didn't last long for it to run out as more men kept coming but now we have to be extra careful as there is a man on top of a small building with a rocket launcher and it could kill us in any minute.

I hide behind one of the pillars whilst the man in the rocket launcher kept shooting at me, giving Nate a chance to kill him, Nate is hiding behind the wall shooting some of the men around us, I peek from the pillar to see the man with the rocket launcher aiming at Nate.

"Nate! Get into cover!" I shout over to Nate, Nate looked over to me before hiding behind cover and just in the nick of time as the man fired a rocket at him but it thankfully missed him. Nate quickly aims his rifle at him and shoot him in the head but he did use a lot of bullets.

We carried on moving, killing people and picking up ammo as we went until finally, we killed them all. I sign in relief before leaning against the wall smiling, Nate smiles at me before asking.

"Are you alright?"

I nod my head but Nate didn't look convinced as he frowns once I nod, he moves closer to me, still had a frown on his waist as he places his hands on my waist causing me to hiss in pain.

"I knew you weren't telling me something" Nate states as he pulls up my tank top to reveal the bloody mess from my wound, Nate look back to me with a concerned look. "Why didn't you tell me?" Nate asks with a worried look.

"I didn't want you to worry, I'm okay I promise," I reply with a smile and pull Nate into a comforting hug. "We should get going," I say as I pull out of the embrace with a smile, Nate agrees but before we went Nate grabs my cheeks in his hands and kisses my forehead and demanded

"You better tell me, if it starts hurting again" I agree and start walking up some steps, Nate told me to stay where I was and surprisingly I listened and I watch Nate jump to platform to platform and once he got to where he needed to be I hear Nate shout. "Go back to Elena and get the jet ski!"

I didn't both answering back as I started running back, even with the pain of my waist. Once I got back to Elena I saw she is sat on her jet ski, I ran towards mine and Nate before jumping on, starting the engine but before I moved anywhere I turn to Elena "Nate found a way in, follow me" and we both drove off.

We both drove down until we see Nate opening a large bar door. Once I get near to Nate I shout up to him. "Down here!" Which caused Nate to look down and smile as he sees that we're both okay. Nate climbs down from the platform and jumps into the drivers seat. (Once I got out of the way of course)

Nate drove through the now opening doorway with Elena behind us and it again didn't take long for people to start shooting again and these guys are really starting to get on my nerves.

"These guys don't know how to quit, do they?" I say to Nate which made him laugh, I grab the gun and start shooting at the men and the barrels they properly threw in. I'm not going to lie there are fewer guys than last time making this situation ten times easier.

Once all the men were killed we circled the small area to find a way out but it seems like the only way out is through another large bar door but there seems to be no way to open it. We all look at the entrance looking for another way to open it.

I look up to see there is two bell, looking things, hanging beside the door. 'Maybe this is the way to get through' I thought before aiming the gun and shooting both of the figures down into the water and the gate slowly opened. The door opened and revealed more surface, Nate and Elena slowly drive the jet ski to some steps.

Nate get's of the jet ski and was about to pull me up but I deny and jump into the drivers seat as I told him. "You've gotta get to the tower! We'll meet you back at the customs house!" and with that Elena and I drive back to the customs house.