Chapter 3

I found the two men trying to find a way up to the upper floor, Nate walked to the edge to look for a way up. "Careful Nate-That's quite a drop," I say with a lot of worry covering my tone. Nate looks back and replied "You're not kidding" I roll my eyes at his sarcasm.

I look up to the upper floor to see a red barrel at the top, laying next to one of the totem-like statue. I pull out my gun and shot at the barrel which made an explosion causing the statue to fall, we all move back so none of us got hit. The statue lands with a large thud.

"That'll work" I hear my dad laugh, making me laugh. Nate walked up first properly to make sure it was safe, I followed behind once he got up then my father. We reached the top to only see a door which is closed and impossible to open by lifting, thankfully there was a chain by the door, Nate went towards the chain and started to pull it, he let it go hoping it would stay open which it didn't.

"Here-let me do it" My dad said and he starts pulling the chain to allow me and Nate to walk through. "I'll hold it open. See if you can jam it from the other side"

Nate and I both went towards a wooden trolley which is full of wood, we both start to push it until it stayed under the door. "All right let go. This ought to hold it" Nate announced and dad lets it go. The door hit the wood and held the door there for a few seconds.

"Hurry Dad!" I tell him, my dad climbs under the door just in time as the door broke the wooden trolley into pieces which almost hit Nate. "That was a little too close...let's hope this place has a back door, huh?"

Nate and I ignore what my father said as we both walk towards the only way out which is covered by some long, large blanks of wood properly from the ceiling. I huff in disappointment as I look at the entrance.

"Y'know, this looks familiar" as he looks at the thing in the middle of the room which is connected the ceiling. "I think there's something in Drake's journal about this." and Nate looks into the journal, turning pages until he finds the thing he wants.

"Yeah, here it is... Looks like this thing is some kind of lamp, or brazier. See if you can light it" he tells both of us but the last sentence to my dad more than me.

"So after all your bitching about the cigar, now it comes handy, huh?" My father said he did have a point, both Nate and I always bitched about his smoking. My dad walks up to this extremely large lamp and lights it and the whole thing lit up, lighting up the things which hang off the ceiling. Nate pulls out his pistol and aims it to the smaller lamp near the entrance and he shot at it causing some fire to move and hit the wood and the fire cleared our entrance. "Nice!" I hear obviously from Nate.

"Beautiful!" My dad said I didn't say anything as I walk through to the next room. I look down to see an extremely large drop which would kill us if we jumped down. Nate looks up the wall and starts climbing across. Like hell, I'm going across that neither is my dad so he'll need to find another way down for us.

Nate finally got to the bottom after almost falling off a few times. My dad and I wait for Nate to find us a way down and suddenly there is an explosion where Nate was and I hear a statue on the wall fall and break which revealed a ladder. I start climbing down with my dad and we met Nate down there. Torches in our hands as we all walk through to the next room where there was another lamp and without being asked my dad lights it up.

Instead of lighting any of smaller lamps it closes the door where we just came from but opened the door. We jog down this large corridor which has large columns with drawings on and the fire did light some smaller lamps. We carried on walking until we find this room with a locked door.

"Ah, what now?" I ask this is really getting to me now. It's properly another puzzle and properly in Drake's journal.

"Whaddya make of this?" My father asks as we all walked over this large circle in the floor, there is properly something under there. "Wait, I recognize these symbols..."

"Let me guess they are in Drake's journal" I say as Nate looks in the journaL, Nate just ignored my comment and looked through the journal.

I huff and sit against one of the columns so now I'm facing away from the two men. I move my legs out and cross them by the ankles, I cross my arms and yawned, waiting for the two men to figure it out.