Chapter 1: That was close

It was Sunday morning in the Diaz family, one of Star's favorite days of the week. Family day. Ever since the wand had been cleaved, Mr. and Mrs. Diaz felt that the two should be watched over more for their own safety. And to do that, they made this day so that the family could be together and enjoy some fun without harm.

     It was currently 8 am and the blonde girl was already bouncing with excitement. The Diaz's were planning to have a picnic in the park and Marco was gonna teach her how to fly something called a kite.

     Star could barely contain her excitement as she hopped along the hallway into Marco's room, while he was still asleep.

     "Marco wake up!!" She yelled from the outside of his door.

     Marco yelled as he fell off the bed. As he tried to get his blankets off of him, he was panting as if he had been running 3 miles.

     "Marco! I'm sorry are you okay?" She said as she helped him get the blanket off his head.

     "Well, I was just scared to death at 8 am, so I'm getting there." He sighed as he looked at her.

     "What are you doing up this early anyway? We're not leaving till 12."

     "I know, I'm just so excited! I can't wait to fly the kite thing you were telling me about. And your mom makes such great food."

     "Yeah, she does." He said as he fixed his bed.

     Star bounced a bit until Marco put his hands on her shoulders. She looked at him as she slowly stopped.

     "I have a surprise for the picnic today, but you can't tell anyone. Okay?" Marco said with a whisper. Star quickly nodded and made a mouth zipping gesture.

     The brunette boy went into his closet as he pulled out two water guns and brought them over to the princess.

     "Since my parents are still asleep, this is the perfect opportunity to slip these in the car. After we put all the food away, we'll go and say that we're getting my soccer ball, but we'll really be getting these babies to spray mom and dad with. It'll be so fun!"

     Star smiled at the plan. It was full proof.

     "Great plan Marco. Let's go before your parents get up."

     The two quietly slipped out of his bedroom and tiptoed through the hallway. They made it to the stairs and tried their best not to make them creek. After making it outside, they hurried and stuck them in the back seat of the car. The mission was complete. As the two went back inside, Mr. Diaz was standing in front of the door.

     "Oh hello kids. I didn't know you two were already up."

     Star and Marco stood at the door with nervous expressions on their faces.

     "Yep. You know the saying dad. The early bird catches the worm." Said Marco as he picked up the newspaper that was by the door.

     "And speaking of catching the worm, we got you the newspaper." He said handing it over.

    "Thank you Marco. You two should probably start getting ready. We have to pack everything in the car before we leave, and that'll be a while."

     "Yep, that's exactly what we were gonna do. Come on Star." The brunette boy said as he took her hand and the two went upstairs together. Star gently blushed as she looked at their hands locked together.

     "That was a close call wasn't it Star?"

     Her face still a rosy hue, she softly replied.

     "Yeah, that was close.."