Chapter 3: Looking at the Clouds

Picnics are always great, but the real fun, starts after the food is put away. Marco looked over at Star as she laid in content, looking at the clouds in the sky. He laid next to her and looked at the sky above.

     "You know, if you use your imagination, you can see all sorts of things when you look at the clouds." He said softly. The brunette boy pointed to one of the clouds.

     "Like that one right there. That one looks like a lion."

     Star chuckled at him as she took a look for herself.

     "Well, if you look over there, I see a rubber ducky."

     Marco laughed and rolled over to his side, facing Star as she laughed too. The warm sun shined in her face, as he watched her laugh.

     "Hey Star.."

     The blonde princess looked at the boy and felt her heart start to beat faster and faster.

     "I always think about.. When we're fighting monsters.. What would happen if you ever got hurt.."

     Star could feel her cheeks begin to burn, and that wasn't because of the sun beating down on her.

     "And I know you say you don't need a hero.. But I always worry if one day you'll get hurt.. So as much as I love fighting monsters with you.."

     It was silence for what felt like a thousand years.

   "..I love the moments where we can just lay here and relax.."

     Star laid there and just stared at the brunette boy. She looked at him, and he looked at her. Her heart felt like it was about to explode as she watched his eyes sparkle. The princess quickly sat up and got to her feet.

     Marco looked at her with a concerned face.

     "Star? What's wrong?"

     She felt sweat roll down her face as she played with her long blonde hair.

     "Oh, um-well-you see-I have to-um- go to the bathroom! Yeah, that.."

     Marco raised his eyebrow.

     "Okay..?"

     Star quickly ran to the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

     "What is going on??"