Chapter 2: Sandwiches with a side of worry

Finally everything was packed in the car and the Diaz family were off to the park. Star had been quiet for a while now as she looked at her left hand.

Marco had held her hand before as they tried getting out of sticky situations, but this time..

Something was different.

She had this feeling in her chest, like her heart was gonna burst out. Her stomach got all fluttery until he let go. She wasn't sure what this feeling was.

"It's probably just excitement." She thought to herself. She was excited for this trip and she could see the playground from her seat.

The Diaz's pulled into a parking spot and each of them carried something to the area they were gonna eat. Mrs. Diaz laid down a blanket and everyone sat down. As they placed the food out, Star got this fluttery feeling again as she looked at her left hand. It was right next to Marco's. If she scooted it one inch closer, their pinkies would touch.

The blonde girl quickly removed her hand from the spot and stood up. She turned around and started walking towards the bathroom.

"Where you going Star? We're getting ready to eat." Said Marco.

"Oh, um, I was just heading to the bathroom! You know, to wash my hands before we eat!" She said with soft, nervous laughter.

"You're right! I almost forgot!" He said as he stood up.

"I'll walk over there with you."

Oh sweet spiders.

Star walked awkwardly, holding her hand so Marco wouldn't. Marco looked at her with an eyebrow raised.

"Star? Is your hand okay?"

"My hand is fine, never better, fit as a fairy!" She spoke in a nervous tons, which made the brunette boy worry.

"Well, okay. You excited about flying a kite? I'm sure you're gonna love it."

"Yep. I'm just really happy you're gonna teach me. I'm just protecting my hand so I won't hurt it before we fly the kite." As she spoke, she started to feel a little better.

"See? It was just excitement." The princess thought to herself with a smile.

The two washed their hands and ran back to the picnic area. Mr. and Mrs. Diaz already began eating and the two did the same.

"See Star, your worrying was for nothing. You're fine. This trip will go on just like you said it would. Fun and worry free." She thought to herself as she picked up her sandwich and began to eat.