Chapter 3

Sure enough, Matilda laid the eggs for bait. Hal had found a carrier that could house the eggs on top and the Blues on the bottom. After Bubbles had finished his shift of so-called "perimeter patrol" Chuck explained what the plan was.

When the flock was ready, they had just enough time to get to Pig City. Chuck went through the plan one last time
"Okay guys, remember, we give these eggs to the pigs. If they refuse to let Red go, the Blues will get out of their hiding place and find him. As far as the pigs know, the Blues are sick at home."
Bomb brought up a strange thought.
"What if they do let Red go?"
Jake seemed determined in his quest.
"Then we'll have to find a way out."
"Okay birds, TAKE YOUR POSITIONS!" Shouted Chuck.

Sure enough, someone in the city had notified the King. He came out with a smug look on his face and...

"Red!!" Exclaimed Bubbles
"We did what you asked your majesty. Let Red go!" He said 'your majesty' with a hint of poison in his voice.
"Oh, I'm sooo sorry... But I can't do that. He may come in handy in the future..."
Chuck and Bomb exchanged worried glances. What did the King mean by that?
The King also seemed to be a mind reader...
"I suppose you're wandering what I'm talking about. Well too bad. Boo hoo hoo!"
"You monster!"
"Oh please. Spare me the compliments. Now shoo, before you can join Red here. Oh, and another thing..."
Chuck and Bomb looked at each other again. This wasn't going to be good...

So guys... Sorry this chapter was so short. Will be longer (maybe) next time. Stay tuned for more