Ch 6 Tris POV

"Dauntless- born go with Lauren.There are two stages of training. Physical and mental. Physical we start today. You will learn methods of combat beyond a gun. Hand to hand combat and knife throwing. Today is hand to hand. Alright get a partner and spar" Eric explains

Christina looks at me and I give a curt nod.

We walk to an area with space. Will and Al walk over with us and start sparring a few feet from us.

I glance at Eric and he looks my way as well, but keeps a straight face then turns away.

I frown and then I realize Christina was talking to me.

"Tris? You ready?" She asks

"Yeah sorry"

She gets into a fighting stance and u try to mirror hers.

In what world does Dauntless think I can fight?

I'm from Abnegation. I never hit something before. Let alone someone.

Christina attacks first with a hook to my jaw. It wasn't too hard, but made me stagger a little.

"'Cmon Tris. You gotta block it" she says as if its the most obvious thing in the world.

Which it really is. I nod and look at Eric again. He's helping I think her name is Myra.

I felt a kick at my leg and I look back to Christina.

I immediately feel enraged at Myra.

Am I jealous?

I throw a punch at Christina and she was caught off guard so it landed straight to her jaw.

She stumbled a little, but regained balance after a second.

"Are you okay?" I ask quickly

She nods.

The door opens to the training room and Four walks in.

•Eric POV

I was helping Myra with her technique when I heard the door open.

Shit. Four.

He looks around then walks over to where I am.

"Keep working" I tell Myra and then meet him in the middle.

"Ready for a fight?" He asks

"Not even close" I say

He smirks,"First jumper. Last jumper. In the ring."

Tris.

I glance over at her and she looks at her friend shocked.

She walks over and so does a Candor.

They both step in the ring and get into their stance.

Four gives a motion with his hand and they begin.

The Candor makes the first move hits Tris' hand. Molly goes in again this time with a kick to the side.

Tris stumbles onto the mat and gets back up as soon as she could. But Molly came at her again. All you could here was Molly's frustration and the punches Tris was taking.

I can't watch this anymore.

I turn around and start walking out. I hear someone fall and one last punch. Its over. For now.

•Tris POV•

When Molly got me on the ground the very last time I saw Eric walk out.

I sigh and then I take another punch to my face. That was it for me.

"Enough!" Four says

Molly steps away from me and goes back to Peter and Drew.

Christina, Will, and All come rushing towards me and help me up.

"You okay?" Al asks

"Obviously she's not alright Al. She has a bruised cheek and a busted lip" Will states

"Okay. Thank you for that Captain Obvious!" Christina yells and I take a deep breath.

I walk away from them and walk to a bench. I put my hand on my forehead and soak it all in.

I just got my ass handed to me and Eric walked away. I feel like such a weakling.

"Here" says a voice next to me.

I look up and see a dauntless-born.

He's holding what looks like an ice pack.

"Thanks" I say and take it from him.

I press it to my cheek and immediately feel relief.

"You know for an Abnegation with no fighting experience, you didn't do too bad. Not that you did good though" he says and chuckles at the end.

I roll my eyes and continue to stay quiet.

"I'm Uriah. Dauntless- born" he says with his hand out.

"Tris" I say and awkwardly shake his hand.

I'm not used to shaking hands. In Abnegation we bowed our heads. This was a Dauntless thing.

"Yeah I know that. First jumper and the only thing Eric can't take his eyes off of" he mutters the last part.

"What?" I ask shocked

"My brother Zeke is one of Eric's best friends. I get all the juicy gossip from him" he says and snaps his fingers.

I laugh but then going back to the whole thing about Eric.

"Uriah!" We both hear.

He looks over and nods at two girls.

"Well I got to go. We'll talk real soon" he says and smiles.

I'm the only thing he thinks about?

Hey guys,

Thanks for reading. Please comment.

I know its been a while. I've been busy with school. I'm gonna try and be better at updating, but at times its hard.

All Rights Reserved to Veronica Roth!!!

Love you guys~~ Sammy