01

E X P L O S I V E S

The sea of high school students scurried around as they parted a path for me. I stormed through, anger pulsing through my veins and my fists balled up so tightly I could feel the blood flush away; the beige turned to white. My chestnut hair was drenched whilst my clothes hung on to my body like the rain had fallen upon me. But it hadn't. My face gave a grimace of anger as if I had a murderous intent; which wasn't far off from the truth.

None dared to make even the slightest eye contact; afraid that just a gaze will crumble everything they fought for, all at once and into nothing. I suppose I have a reputation for that. I'm a lethal hurricane, known for destruction and downfall, sweeping through the harmonious and leaving everything in its presence as ruins. For every person, there's a forbidden phrase and once it's spoken, they will collapse in an instance, becoming a frail and empty vessel. It has been established since long ago that Scarlett Millers knew every single song that could break a person.

I stared at the freshman before me; her eyes peered from behind the thin glass, lost in panics like a deer caught in the headlights and the chunky books in her grasp trembled with unease. From her attire, it was easy to guess what role she played in the statues quo, nerd.

Every pair of eyes screamed for her to run, faraway from the monster that stood before her. But none of them spoke. It was typical; they all had something they wanted to protect, whether it is their pride, dignity or reputation, they guarded it close to their heart because when it is broken, it's their undoing. And they all know who's hands it will be crushed by exactly because she lacks empathy and is a merciless bitch. Which I can confirm is all-true.

My face scrunched up into a scowl as she remained in her spot, not moving except for the constant trembling that irritated me.

"Fucking move." I groaned in frustration. I could hear her breath hitch as she flinched, taking a step back like I was about to lash out any minute now. "Are you stupid?" I muttered under my breath, my voice low and ominous. I let out a harsh sigh as I shook my head in disbelief when she still continued to stand there, dumbfounded. "You know what?" I signalled her with my index finger to come forward, chewing the side of my inner cheek to prevent myself from snapping. Finally, she began to shuffle forward awkwardly and naively. I leant in closer to her, my lips next to her ears as I sucked in a deep breath. "I know," My lips curled into a malicious smirk, "I know why you let them walk all over you as if you're inferior. I think deep down you have realised since long ago that you're different from them, haven't you? You're an outcast. You have already accepted it, but still you tell yourself if you let them get what they want, even if it means giving away your dignity and being treated like filth, maybe, just maybe you could fit in." A snicker escaped my parted lips. "Please. You and I both know it won't happen, and yet you still single handily give yourself away like trash."

I took a step back to examine her, the way her eyes began to water and her breath cut short every time she breathed in. I knew it hit close to home because her legs became shaky like she could breakdown any minute now. I tore down the only thing that kept her going, delusions. It annoyed me how her first primal instinct was to cry. It was weak and pathetic because no one is going to save you no matter how hard you wept. I'm beyond cruel, that much I know however somebody has to teach her that the only person that would fend for you is yourself.

"Boohoo." I mocked, a fake smile playing on my lips. "Now get the fuck out of my way." I scowl as she began to scramble away into the crowd until she disappeared all at once. "Now," My teeth scraped against my bottom lip in anger. "Fuckface." With that, I began marching down the halls once again.

The doors of the cafeteria hurled open with a push and a loud thud when it slammed shut behind me, sending curious gazes my way; attempting to read my intent like an open book.