FOURTEEN- 'It Hurts'

*Phil's P.O.V.*

I completely lost it. I am just sick and tired of people abusing Anna. Why the hell does it have to happen to such a broken yet amazing girl? I would take a bullet for Anna, I love her so much. She is my little sister and I know for sure that Dan and I will protect and support her until the end. Once we got to the flat, Dan gently sat Anna down on the sofa.

"It hurts to breathe" Anna whimpered.

I feel tears start to prick in my eyes, Dan and Nicole's as well.

"I know, baby. Nicole, you brought your car, right?" Dan says, looking to Anna and then Nicole.

"Yeah I did. We need to go to the hospital." Nicole says.

"Wait- I don't want to tell them that it was Sam and Matt- you guys might get in serous trouble." Anna says, wincing after every short breath.

"I did scare the shit out of Matt so I don't think that they'll do anything again." Dan agrees.

"I'll say that I fell down the stairs or something." Anna says.

We all agree with the stairs plan and go to A&E. When we get there, Anna immediately gets accepted into the emergency room. I stand up to hug Nicole, she looks very worried. I feel all warm and fuzzy with Nicole's arms wrapped around my torso.

"I'm so scared, Phil." she says, beginning to cry.

"I know. I am too. Anna will be alright though. She is a strong girl and can push through anything. I have complete faith in her." I say into Nicole's ear, trying to calm her down a little bit.

I don't like seeing people I really care about cry. I really like Nicole, and I want to ask her out so bad. I can't now though, way too much shit is going on.

*Dan's P.O.V.*

Anna. My poor, sweet Anna. I can't fathom a life without her. It's about half ten, and I'm wide awake. I am so scared. I'm sat in one Of the chairs in the waiting room. Phil and Nicole are standing up, hugging, Nicole's face buried in Phil's neck. She's almost as tall as Phil.

"Anna Lancaster?" The nurse calls and I stand up and we walk over immediately.

"What is your relationship with Miss. Lancaster?" The nurse asks.

"Boyfriend" I reply.

"Brother" Phil replies.

"Best friend" Nicole replies.

"Okay right this way," the nurse confirms.

We walk down the winding halls and eventually get to Anna's room.

"She's just in here with the doctor." The nurse says.

"Thank you" Phil says.

We enter the room and Anna is laid down on a bed with her leg elevated. She smiles at me and then winces. Poor girl.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Frost. I have some bad news..." The doctor starts.

"What is it!?!" I demand.

"Anna's left leg is broken in 3 places, and she also has 2 broken ribs. For her leg, we'll have to do a surgery. She won't be walking for at least a month." The doctor finishes.

"That's perfectly fine. Just make her better. Can we stay with her?" I ask.

"Only one of you can. I'm sorry." The doctor replies.

"That's perfectly fine, doctor. I'll stay with Anna, you guys can go home tonight." I say to Phil and Nicole.

"Okay, but can we stay for a little bit?" Phil asks the doctor.

"Yes. Fifteen minutes. I'll leave you guys to it, then." Doctor Frost says and exits the room.

The fifteen minutes went by quickly and Phil and Nicole left. Now it's just me and Anna.

"I love you Anna. I'm so sorry that this happened to you."

"It's o-okay Dan, I love y-you too" Anna stutters out between tears.

We sit there in a comfortable silence, holding hands when Anna starts to fall asleep. She tries to turn to her side, forgetting about the broken ribs and she moans loudly in pain.

"Shh shh shh. Stay on your back, love." I say, petting her hair.

"Dan-- it hurts"