Chapter 3- Maybe This Won't Be So Bad

*Adrienne's POV*

I believe that wishes do come true.

But at the same time you have to be careful what you wish for, because your wish could turn into a curse.

Like on my twelfth birthday when I wished that I didn't have the body of a six year old boy. And now seven years later I was blessed with the curse of curves.

And as all the guys at the office couldn't keep their eyes off of me when they walked in, I silently wished that I was back at my grandmothers house. But then again, I guess only some wishes come true.

"Um, Royce...?", One of the guys in the group asked, finally breaking the awkward silence.

He turned around. "Oh... hey guys."

"Uh, what are you doing?"

He nodded over towards me. "Just welcoming the new secretary."

The few guys that weren't already staring at me turned to me and gave a few waves and I shyly waved back.

One of they guys stepped forward. "Hey, I'm Omar."

Another guy, the one who spoke first, gave him a look then turned to me. "Ignore Omar, he can be a bit cocky at times.", He put a hand out for a hand to shake. "I'm Antonio, by the way."

"Nice to meet you. The name's Adrienne.", I said taking his hand and giving it a shake.

This Antonio dude was pretty cute. Don't get me wrong, Omar was cute, but he was more of the baby faced type and resembled J Alvarez.

Antonio, on the other hand, was the exact definition of tall, dark and handsome. He was clean cut, other than the slight goatee he had going on, and he had a smile to die for. If there were more guys around the office that looked like him, then I wouldn't have a problem working here at all.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you too, Adrienne.", He put extra emphasis on my name and flashed another dazzling smile.

Someone cleared their throat. It was Prince Royce. "Well, um, guys. I think that you should all get back to work. Don't wanna disappoint Dre, now, would we?"

The guys all sighed an slowly started to go back to where they came from. Antonio was the last to leave because he lingered a bit.

"So, I'll see you around?",he asked in his smooth, deep voice.

I smiled. "I mean, you should. We are co-workers now."

"Hmm, pretty and sassy.", He said with a chuckle. "Deadly combination."

Prince Royce cleared his throat again, this time a little louder.

Antonio rolled his eyes and started to walk away. "I'll catch you later, Miss Adrienne."

Damn, I sure as hell hoped he would. That boy was about to make my days at this new job a whole lot easier.

Maybe being surrounded by guys wouldn't be so bad after all.

*Prince Royce's POV*

"What the hell was that all about?", I asked Antonio once we made out way back to the rec room.

He shrugged. "What can I say ? She was pretty, I saw my opportunity to talk to a pretty girl and I talked to her. Can't help if she falls for me along the way."

I rolled my eyes. Sure, "Omar" was the cocky one...

"Beautiful.", Said Omar. "She's not pretty she's freaking beautiful."

The rest of the guys agreed.

"That's not the point. She's a co-worker. That's not professional.", I stated.

"You're right, it's not. But that's not the reason you're all mad.", Antonio thought for a minute. "You don't like her already, do you?"

"What?...no. Of course not. She's strictly a co worker."

"Mhmm.", Said Antonio skeptically as I walked away.

I mean, sure she was attractive but I just met her, its not like I could already like her.

Right?

_________________________________________________
_____________

So, what do you guys think is going on ? are you all as excited for this story to unfold as I am ? Anything you want to see in particular ?

Please Vote § Comment ! ❤

Love y'all. 😘