Chapter 8- Where Would It Have Gone From There ?

"Promise not to tell the guys?", I pleaded. "I really don't want to be known as the hoe of the office."

"I promise I won't." Said Omar sympathetically. "Shit happens. I understand."

I stood to hug him. "Thank you so much.", I said.

"You're welcome, Adrienne. Ill keep it a secret as long as I can. But at some point the rest of the guys are gonna find their own ways to figure it out."

* * * * *

I slept pretty late on Saturday. Yes, most people usually sleep in till ten or eleven but this girl slept until three.

Three PM.

That meant I had three hours to get already for my date with Antonio. Yeah, I know, the date was low key but I strived to impress.

Now, you may be saying, "Adrienne, you have three hours. That's more than enough time to get ready."

That wasn't the case.

I was planning on straightening my hair.

And here I stood, in my blue cocktail dress and light makeup, looking in the mirror while trying to think of where to start.

I sectioned off a piece of my dyed red curls and ran the straighter through it. I smiled triumphantly as I looked at the silky, straight section if hair I held. My happiness was short lived as I looked at the rest if my hair I had to go. I sighed. The things I do for beauty.

It took me a while but I finally managed to slide the straightener over my final section of hair and let it fall back into place.

I slipped on my heels and waited it was almost six but me, being Dominican, had the tendency to be late for stuff. I made sure to be ready at least ten minutes early.

Sure enough, the doorbell rang a few minutes later. I opened the door to see Antonio standing there in a suit, looking fine as hell. It was already a weakness of mine when guys dressed up, but when sexy guys dressed up? Well, damn.

"Damn, Adrienne. You look great.", He said in his smooth voice.

"You don't look too bad yourself.", Said with a smile.

He held is arm out. "Shall we?"

I took his arm and nodded. "We shall."

*Prince Royce's POV*

I was over Omar's place for a bit I play some GTA5. I decided that was the best thing I do, even though I wasn't all that thrilled that Adrienne was going on a date with Antonio. Why did I have the courage to-

"Ay, yo. Royce? Are you even paying attention?", asked Omar.

"Yes.", I answered quickly. I gave a sigh. "No..."

"Bro, trying to stop Antonio from getting with the girl he wants is like a traffic light on Grand Theft Auto. Useless."

"I know... but she doesn't seem like his type, you know? She actually...", I tried to think of a word.

"Has class?", offered Omar as he finished my sentence.

"Yeah...", I said quietly. "I shouldn't be getting all worked up though."

"You shouldn't.", Agreed Omar "I mean, you've only known her for a few days. It's not like you like her. I mean, she's beautiful but there's more to it than that, right?"

"Yeah...", I lied.

"I just wanna know what Antonio's planning to do with her.", He continued.

I looked up. That hadn't even occurred to me. But we knew she was a classy girl. She wouldn't hook up with him on the first date... would she?

*Adrienne's POV*

Hold on, what the hell was I doing?

I quickly pulled my lips away from Antonio's. As much as I didn't want to, I had to. I didn't know where this was gonna end. "Thank you.", I said as I jumped up and smoothed out the bottom of my dress. "I had an amazing time tonight." We had just got back from the restaurant he took us to. I have no idea how we ended up on my couch.

This seemed to catch him off guard. He stood. "Oh, uh, yeah. Well, I'm glad you did." He began rebuttoning the jacket he was wearing. Damn, I didn't want him that bad. Did I? "So, uh, I guess I'll see you at work on Monday?"

"Yeah...", I said awkwardly.

He planted another kiss on my lips and smile. "Great...i'll see you then. Happy birthday, Adrienne..."

"Yeah... see you then.", I echoed as he exited my apartment.

I sat there on the couch kind of awkwardly after that. It got me thinking. If I had stopped kissing him, where would it have gone from there?

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

Sorry this chapter was so fucking horrible.

Please vote and comment !

Love y'all. 😘