Chapter 35- Una Semana

"So, you two are done?", asked Abuela about me and Antonio.

I nodded.

Abuela sighed. "Its a shame... I liked that boy."

"I really liked him too...trust me...", I said slowly, handing Marylin her backpack.

"Are you alright?", Abuela asked.

I shrugged. "I'll be fine.", I told her, not exactly answering her question.

She gave me a look, showing me she wasn't all too convinced but didn't say anything.

"Well, we should get going. Marylin needs to get to daycare."

I still had to go to work, even though Royce wasn't going to be busy for a while. Most of the guys back at 2Strong had to work another job in addition, I mean, it didn't pay all too much. I sorta felt bad at times. I worked directly for Royce and it was perfect. I could finally able to support Marylin, give her what she wanted. I was even on the search for a new apartment. I still went to work so I didn't seem like the stuck up bitch who was too good to work there.

"Mommy, is everything okay? You look sad.", pointed out Marylin as I got her out of the car.

"Yeah, I'm fine, sweetheart."

I must've looked really out of place if a four year old was asking me if I was alright.

"Can you be happy when you pick me up later? I don't like seeing you sad. Maybe Prince Royce will cheer you up. He always does."

*Prince Royce's POV*

"Royce, I didn't just give her to you just so you could chicken out when it came time to male a move.", said Antonio.

"Its not like you've never talked to her before. Or you know, anything else.", pointed out Omar.

"What do you mean 'or anything else'?", questioned Antonio with a raised eyebrow.

I shot Omar a "shut-up" type of look. Antonio still didn't know about all what went down between Adrienne and I in the Carribean.

"Nothing, man, don't worry about it." he told Antonio quickly.

Antonio rolled his eyes. "Whatever. But, Royce, she could be here any minute now. Either you can leave or grow a pair and ask her out."

We all watched as a familiar, black Honda accord pulled into the parking lot.

"Shit.", Antonio muttered. "Guess its my cue to leave." He gave me an encouraging pat on the shoulder. "Good luck, my man." He gathered his stuff just in time and slipped out before Adrienne came in.

"Hey, Omar. Hey, Royce." She stopped in her tracks. "Are you two alright?", she asked slowly.

"Oh, yeah, we're fine.", said Omar. "We were just talking about how you could've been here any minute."

I elbowes him slightly. Omar was sorta like that guy in the TV shows who said the wrong thing at the wrong time. He was a cool guy but he had his flaws.

"Um, alright. Why are you here?...if you don't mind me asking..."

"Oh, I had came to talk to you about something." I had forgotten that I had told Adrienne on Monday that I didn't have anything to do for the rest of the week, so I didn't need her assistance. Real smooth, I told myself sarcastically.

"I'll let you guys alone then.", said Omar as he left.

"Uh, my job is okay, right ? Like I'm not getting fired or anything...?", She always seemed to be concerned about that.

"No...no. Adrienne, you're probably the best PA ive ever had. It's more...personal..."

"Oh.", she sat down. "Well, dime."

"I was wondering if one day, I could just take you out ? Like, not as a boss and coworker. As in two people who wanna get to know each other." The words came out way easier than I thought and I felt relieved as I said them.

"Um..."

"I mean, what do we really have to lose, Adrienne? Its not like things could get anymore awkward between us."

"Yeah. Yeah, you're probably right about that.", she said with a laugh. "But I don't know, Royce. I'd say yes but I'm busy with Marylin and all this week."

"And next week?"

"She'll be with her father."

"Well, a week is all the time I need."

"You sure?"

"Only if you're okay with it."

"I'm fine with it."

I smiled. "Okay. Its not a date but...deal, right ?" I said that because I knew she was probably still a little hung up over Antonio. I couldn't be too sure.

She laughed again. "Yeah, Royce, a deal."

*Third Person POV*

"Alright, you're all ready for bed?", Adrienne asked Marylin as she tucked her in.

"Mhmmm. Could you play some music ?"

Adrienne smiled slightly. She knew Marylin wouldn't fall asleep peacefully unless music was playing. She opened her laptop and started up her Pandora, music started playing softly.

"Corazon Sin Cara" started to play and Marylin giggled a little.

"What's up with you?". she laughed.

"Isn't he your boss now?" Marylin giggled again.

"Yes. He is. He's a really nice guy."

"I know. You're smiling now. He mustve made you happy. When you see him tell him I said thank you. You know I don't like seeing you sad, mommy."

_______________________________________

okay, so this is probably the most boring chapter ive ever written. ugh.

song for the chapter is 7 Dias by Romeo Santos ❤

im sorry for not updating sooner than i did anyway. ive been in a bad mood lately and i blame myself for being selfish and not writing. i deserve la chancla :(

please check out my new royce story "Ahora La Busco" :D I won't be updating for a while tho.

but please vote & comment. i mean, royce and adrienne are getting closer so...hey. who knows ?

love y'all

.