Chapter 1

Natsu

        Lucy gave me a kiss and then fell back with her eyes almost closed.

         "I love you." she said with her last breath, and closed her eyes. Sting and Rouge decided to head back to Sabertooth to tell their guild, leaving me, Mavis, and Happy with Lucy.

            "Lucy," I shook her gently, but she didn't stir. "Lucy, wake up. There are people waiting for us down at the guild. We gotta go home." Lucy still didn't wake up. "Lucy." I started to cry. "You have to come back! You can't leave me!"

            Mavis and Happy were crying over Lucy again. A couple of minutes later, we all went back to Fairy Tail ("This year's Grand Magic Game winners are Fairy Tail and Sabertooth kabo!") with Lucy in my arms. 'She promised me. I'll just have to hope.' Mavis decided to not come back to the guild with me, and Happy was crying himself to sleep in Lucy's arms.

        As I entered the guild, everyone turned towards our direction. "Lucy!" They all shouted and ran towards us. "What happened?"

       Tears started to well up again. "The spell the First used, it didn't work. Lucy took control for a minute, did an incantation, and the demon inside her was killed."

      "That's great! So Lucy passed out?" Mirajane asked. Happy woke up and saw Lucy's "sleeping" face. He started to cry again. "Lucy! Why did you do it?" Tears flowed down my cheeks. "H-Happy, we gotta stay strong. For Lucy." Mira looked at us with troubled expression. "Natsu, what happened?"

      "I-In order to kill the demon, L-Lucy killed herself!" "What?!" the guild exclaimed. Erza came up from behind Mira and looked at Lucy. She said with sullen eyes, "She's gone. Lucy's gone."

       "No, she can't be dead yet! We have to get her to the infirmary. There's still a chance!" I said. Master walked up to me. Before he could say anything, another voice said, "He's right." Everyone turned towards the voice. "First Master," Gramps said. Mavis continued. "Natsu's right. When Lucy and I found the spell, the chance of surviving it was less than 1 percent."

           "So you're saying that it's impossible to save her." Erza said, but Mavis shook her head. "I never said that it was impossible, just highly unlikely. But if it's just less than one percent, we still have to try." I can see the First was trying so hard not to cry again. "I see," Gramps thought for a moment then turned to me. "Natsu, go put Lucy in the guild's infirmary." I walked to the infirmary and saw Gray and Gajeel turn towards me. Gray was at Juvia's side, and Gajeel at Levy's.

            I laid Lucy down on the bed between the two. I looked at Gray and Gajeel. "Our girls are so much work." They nodded their heads in agreement. I looked down at Lucy and brushed away the hair in her face. I smiled at her peaceful face.
            "But that's what we love about them."

********************************************************************************************

Happy: Lucy will come back, right? She'd never leave us.

Don't worry Happy. Lucy will live on in our hearts.

Please review and comment.