Chapter 4

The A.P history quiz wasn't so bad , after that I went to Chemistry. Not my favorite subject. Then there was Algebra which I was barely passing. I am good at a lot of things, but math is definitely not one of them. Then I had P.E which wasn't so bad , but I'm definitely not the athletic type. We ran laps and had Choice day, which meant we got to choose from different sports to play. And finally, the day ended with my favorite period art. I loved this class ever since I was younger art was always  my passion my place of escape. When I did art nothing else mattered , I could express my happy feelings and my crappy feelings. Using different strokes, brushes, paints, and pastels the world was unlimited. I walked into art class taking a deep breath, realising the day's stress. I had my art project in my hands and even though Stella ruined it I had no choice , but to submit it. It was something or nothing. After all, it didn't look that bad after some thought. I took my seat my seat right next to Keidi Newman. It's pronounced 'Ka-tie', but her parents were trying so hard to be creative with the way it was spelled.

"Hey Keidi", I said ecstatically.

"Hey Fiona, your art project looks a lot different then what you sent me yesterday", she said confused.

"Stella", I muttered rolling my eyes.

Before she could reply the class started. Mrs.Spiegelman started off the class promptly. Her voice was different it caught your attention it made you think of life, it made you analyze yourself.

"Hello class I've seen your art projects and some of you have taken big risks", Mrs.Spiegelman stared directly at me.

My face turned crisply red and I looked down for a moment before picking my head back up again.

"But in this case there is never a risk in art , art is what you make of it", she said with an impressed smile.

"Fiona had a piece no one in this class portrayed to me it was sooo... unique", she said in her deep vivid tone.

I was shocked at her words. I sat in my seat in shock I thought what Stella did to my project was utter crap, but it turns out she loved it. I just nodded my head in agreement like the morning's events didn't happen at all. I totally didn't have an argument with Stella. She totally didn't walk home. I was in deep thought.

"Fiona tell us, what was your inspiration", she said talking to me.

I shook out of my thoughts and tried to think of something to say.

"Uh my inspiration was vibrant color...and a clash of emotions", I said which was partly true.

"Brilliant", she said.

After the that the whole class got to work on our latest nature pieces. I stroked slowly thinking about how Stella was the reason my art piece stood out. She was the one who added the vibrant bright colors, and I think she also may be the reason I will win the school competition ... maybe even county. Before leaving class Mrs.Spiegelman held me longer.

"Fiona this is just brilliant", she said with my artwork in her hands. 

"I've never seen this side of you", she took off her glass and stared right into my eyes.

"Keep it up and you will be going to the most prestige school of art".

"Thanks ,Mrs.Spiegelman", I said walking out of the classroom feeling a little bit guilty.

I drove home quietly knowing that when I got home there would be severe punishments. I let Stella walk to school. I usually stopped for an after school snack, but that was out of the question. My fear didn't even make me hungry. When I got home I took slow strides toward the door and slipped inside. I walked into the living room waiting for my parents to be on the couch. I even thought of an explanation and my own punishment. As I expected my parents were sitting on the couch in the living room , but they weren't angry. They weren't disappointed. I saw fear in their eyes.

"Mom , Dad I can..", I started to explain the morning's events, but they cut me off.

" Stella is missing", my mom said.

"She wasn't at school today", my dad explained in frustration.

Those words hung in the air. My mind couldn't believe this nor process this. My eyes looked at both of my parents in complete shock. I couldn't believe it.

"What?", I said in a voice so small. My throat felt so dry. I felt so weak so helpless.

Stella is missing repeated over and over in my hand.

How could this be?