Chapter 5

I couldn't quit explain how I felt in that moment, but I felt a numbness so numb. My brain froze and the only thing alive was my frozen glare and beating heart. My sister was pronounced missing and I couldn't do anything about it. It was out of my god damn power to do anything. I was helpless. 

"No no this can't be", I said trailing off in a dry weak voice.

"Mom....Dad", I shifted stares to each of them waiting for approval to the doubt I had.

"Stella the police are out looking for anything they can find", My dad said trying to keep his calm.

"We called all her friends and...we searched everywhere she might be ...she...she..she's gone", My mom stared and busted into tears.

My mother was always so elegant and always so professional I had never seen her cry before and in those rare moments when she did I lost it. I lost all hope. At that moment I ran into my bedroom , slammed the door, and dropped on my bad tucking my pillow under my chest. I needed  to hold on to something to hold my stress. And the rest was a blur everything kept spinning around me. And at that very moment I broke like glass. Imagine a glass cup being dropped on the cold ground. It's fluids and what ever inside spilling simultaneously in different directions. The glass crackled and shattered into millions of shards of glass. That was me at that moment my emotions spilled out of me. 

All at once my life crashed in front of me and nothing mattered. At that moment I felt human. I busted out in tears screaming, laughing, and mumbling. Wondering why my life was so utter shit. Releasing all those bottled up emotions made me feel better. I erupted like a volcano and all was left was the debris of my life. I lay on my bed feeling so empty and helpless. I let myself fall asleep wishing I would wake up and all of this would be a horrid nightmare...