And so it begins

Authors note found at the bottom
------------
Things have been looking up due to the joining of the two realm at the hand of marriage. The combining of the kingdoms has caused a buzz of joy to be held in the air. From the moment it had become public that the prince had in fact found a mate, no less the princess of fiora,  needless to say, the prince and the princess were the main topic of discussion in both kingdoms. Some found it romantic and a symbol of strength and peace between the two realms, where others still didn't want to trust the other kingdom and saw this as a ticking time bomb. But alas, that was just the look from the outside. The feelings from with in the castle were much more warming then those beyond the walls.
----
As the days grew closer to Natsu's coming of age, as did the newly mated pair. They were rarely seen without the other soon following behind; both of the young duo were eager to show the other what was to love about their own kingdom from the beautiful gardens of the dragon realm, to the extensive libraries of the humans' they spent many hours hand in hand exploring the lands from top to bottom.
---
Lucy lay wrapped in the warm embrace of her mate as the sun peaked through the window. The Rays spanning across Natsus face covering them both in a golden light. She stared at the face of her mate as she thought of How her life has changed so suddenly, because of the handsome man lying before her. She delicately traced his jawline the cupped his chin with her hand and lightly kissed his lips before carefully detangling herself from his arms. Stretching and changing from her night gown to a simple White floor-length gown she went to exited Igneel's chamber. ( to avoid confused I'd like to remind you all the Natsu and Lucy are still in Igneel's room as Natsu is still 17 not old enough to have his chamber yet. But soon. Very soon.) Looking back at Natsu's sleeping figure she smiled glade that her dragon came and captured her heart. She closed the door and ventured down the halls she was becoming slowly familiar with.
-----
She had only just started her Journey before she was stopped by handmaiden and guided swiftly to the dinning room where a tired King already sat eating his breakfast in peace. As Lucy was brought in Igneel smiled, straightening his posture giving the princes a wide grin.
"Good morning Lucy. Slept well I assume?" He question, taking a sip from his goblet.
"I can assure you I am very well rested my lord, thank you." She replied politely sitting down in a chair close to the king.
"Please we are family call me Igneel" his eyes twinkled with a mischievous gleam she has come accustomed to in his sons eyes. Lucy smiled back nodding. "You seem quit calm for what is coming" Igneel said laughing at the confused expression of the young girls face.
"What do you mean My lo- Igneel" she corrected herself.
The mischievous look in his eyes seem to strengthen "Well, Natsu edges closer and closer to his coming of age you must be excited, no?" The king laugh a warm laugh.
"Excited? For what"
Igneel stopes laughing and raised his eyebrow looking a little concerned "you do under stand that Natsu is about to be in heat? Correct?" With this question Lucy tried to think of what she remembered on the topic but her thoughts came up blank.
Blushing lightly she cocked her eyebrow "Heat?" She repeated.
Seeing that the princess was seemingly unaware of what was to come. He pinched the bridge of his nose muttering what sounded like "that idiot of a son" he looked up again sitting up slightly as he spoke. "When's male reaches the age of 18 and are mated they go in to what you may call a mating season."  Lucy blush darkened at the implications of what the king just said.  She cast her eyes down to the food set in front of her nodding for the king to go on. She should know what to expect. Met with her silence the king continued on "There will be certain changes that will occur within the next days. It could last from 7 days up to as long as an entire month.  With Natsu being a fire dragon like myself " he gestured at himself. "He will most likely go through this similarly to myself." He paused to check that she was following. He smiled at the flustered girl before him. "Natsu will become paranoid at the thought of losing you. He will most likely become very clingy, he will want to maintain at least some form a physical contact be that a simple hand hold or more. He will try and show off to you in order to seem more appealing to you and will try to be your Center of attention as much as possible. He will then become severely protective.  At this stage you will both be brought to your chamber in order to avoid fights and other problems to form. From then it is hard to say what will happen. At that point he will begin to be flooded with hormones that will cause him to get... possessive." He paused to take a sip from his drink before continuing. "And some where between the first day and the last he will mark you as a symbol that you are under his protection and tell anyone that you are already spoken for. But I honestly thi-" he was cut of by a large crash and the sound of running from the hallway when suddenly the doors of the dinning room were thrown open standing in the mist of this was a very distraught Prince. "Dad! Lucy's...right here. Oh thank the gods I thought. I don't know what I though" Lucy saw him visibly relax as he sat across from her taking her hand in his own before smiling and asking "so what are you two talking about?"
-----

I plan on writing more soon please comment and like i love ya'lls response. ((: