~Chapter Five~

~Chapter Five~

Potions was dragging on more than usual because Snape was in a bad mood. Not like he's never in a good mood but today was so much worse. I was sat with Seam in potions but Hermione had swapped with him to come and talk to me.

"I know you know that the first task is dragons Katrina, why didn't you say anything?" Hermione asked.

I tried to play it off. "The first task is dragons?" I asked half gasping and half confused.

"I know your dad told you Katrina." I looked up from my parchment to stare her dead in the face.

"Hermione I really had no idea, my father hasn't told me anything." I lied.

"I'm your friend Katrina and this is serious. This concerns Harry." She stressed.

Oh for the love of Merlin. Why does every little thing in this place have to be about Harry Potter?

"Off course I know this is serious. Viktor Krum is the closest thing I have ever had to a sibling and here I thought you were aware of him being involved in this tournament." I couldn't stop my tone from being harsher then I intended it to be. But when she mentioned Harry I couldn't stop it.

"Miss Granger, have you quite finished interrogating Miss Karkaroff or are you going to waste even more of my time?" Snape came charging towards us in anger and I found myself not being able to look him in the eye.

Hermione muttered an apology and as fast as she could she returned to her original seat next to Harry. But I didn't miss the look in her eyes as she sat down next to Harry. He had his head in his hands and he wasn't bothering to pay attention to what instructions were written on the black board.

I looked towards the front of the classroom because I could feel his stare on me but I just couldn't look him in the eye after what I did. All week it has been the same since the incident. It's not even a big thing to kiss someone on the cheek but after I had finally calmed down and made it back into the common room that night, I started to think of how it felt when my lips brushed his cheek.

I remembered how soft and warm his skin was and that shocked me because of the temperature of the dungeons. I also remembered how his shoulders felt under my fingers as I clung to him. He felt so strong and thinking about them again made me want him to wrap his arms around me.

I must be going mad, was the number one thought that kept going round my head. I can't be developing a crush for my Professor. Especially for Severus Snape, a former death eater.

I wasn't paying attention to what I was throwing into my cauldron, not with Mr Dark eyes over there on my mind.

"Watch out Kat." Seam shouted.

Whatever was in it had started to grow out of my cauldron. The green substance was coming closer to me.

"Snape." I shouted as it was about to reach me. As he was the person I was just thinking about, his name came to mind first.

I had never seen Professor Snape move so fast. He uttered a spell so elegantly that caused me to gaze at him in awe for a second time. Whatever it was that came out of my cauldron was destroyed and everyone breathed a sigh of relief.

Professor Snape's eyes went wide. "Everyone out now." He yelled.

I went to move but he stopped me "not you Miss Karkaroff."

He didn't wait for everyone to leave, he immediately grabbed my arm and I expected his touch to be rough but it was the exact opposite. He caressed an area that seemed to be turning bright red and applied some cream or something to it.