~Chapter Eleven~

~Chapter Eleven~

"Absolutely not. There is no way in hell you are putting my-her through what you've put me through all these years." Severus screamed in rage. I had never seen him like this. I've always known he had a dark side but seeing his temper unleash like that scared me a little.

"Severus please sit back down and let me explain." Dumbledore tried to calm him down but Severus slammed his fist onto the headmaster's desk. Even he flinched back slightly when he did that.

"I have learned to deal with being tortured, watching people get tortured and the worst of all torturing someone yourself because it is what you were ordered to do." The idea of Severus being tortured made my skin crawl.

"She doesn't feel pain, she has so much power with her family spells and she's brave." Dumbledore did have a point there.

I was confused that if we were discussing the future of my father then why wasn't he here? He should know what could happen to him and to me. This time I'm not going to take no for an answer, I need an answer as to why I can't feel pain.

"Expecto Patronum." A small unicorn came galloping out of my wand.

"Go fetch my father Igor Karkaroff and ask him to come to the headmaster's office." I smiled to the unicorn, so pure and innocent.

I taught myself how to produce a patronus charm when I was quite young. I remember asking my father to teach me but he couldn't because of how absorbed he became by the darkness after being a Death Eater and being locked away at Azkaban.

Severus and Dumbledore looked shocked. I guess they didn't expect someone with as much darkness inside of me to be able to produce a patronus charm. It's the one thing that assures me I still have some light even if it continues to fade.

My patronus came back shaking her head. Something was wrong with my father. He would never ignore my patronus. I ran out of the Headmasters office with Severus and Dumbledore hot on my heels.

Students stared at us as we raced through the halls. All sorts of thoughts were running through my head. Being the daughter of a death eater, when you have a bad feeling about your parent it never ends well.

When we reached my father's chambers what I saw was not pretty. He was curled up in a ball in front of the fireplace shivering uncontrollably. I went to touch him but even without touching him, I was able feel how cold he was.

The room felt dark, darker than my magic and darker than my father's. Almost like my grandmothers, I haven't felt that kind of darkness in a long time. But I could tell it wasn't from someone's presence, it was from a spell being cast.

"Katrina." Severus came up from behind me and took my hand.

"I've felt this kind of magic of magic before; I don't know how to help." I know how Severus hates to feel useless, he's always had the answers but I'm the only one who can help in this situation.

I turned to face him and Dumbledore. "I know what to do but you can't stop me, swear to me Severus."

I didn't wait for him to answer because I could hear my father's teeth chattering from where I was standing. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a knife from the draw. When I came back in the room Severus was making the room a hotter temperature but it wasn't making any difference.

I crouched down in front of my father. I looked towards Severus and gave him a small smile before I dragged the knife across the palm of my hand. It obviously didn't hurt but out the corner of my eye I saw Dumbledore stop Snape from intervening,

I grabbed my father's hand which felt like ice and made a cut the same as mine on the palm of his hand. I held his cut hand in mine and started the spell.