Chapter Six

Mara Turner cocked her head and stared confusedly at Peter Pan. "Lost? Me?" She huffed and let out a soft chuckle, "I think I can find my way home, thanks"

He narrowed his eyes to the left as he softly chuckled before looking at her again. "You don't really have a home" He said, "you never had one, did you?"

Mara was puzzled and a bit irritated by him acting as if he knew her already. "What are you, mind reader?"

"I just can recognize someone who is flawed and had lost their way even when they don't notice"

Mara didn't say anything, she felt a little startled. "You think I'm flawed?" She raised her brows.

"I believe," he dropped his arms to his sides and pushed himself off the railing. "You're an orphan, I believe" he slightly take steps toward her side. "You're...unwanted--" he went around her.

Mara didn't looked at him, she kept her eyes lowered at the wooden floor as she listened to him while he was walking slowly around her.

"Unloved..." He said quietly, she can feel him leaning closely toward her ear which made her skin crawl. "...you don't have anyone, don't you?...no family and there are times you yearn for one. No friends, but that one friend you have, Hook isn't it? The one who is considering of trading you for a little bean. What kind of friend does that?"

Mara felt denigrated all of sudden. Feeling belittled made her lose words to say and fall into speechlessness. Mara admitted that the boy was mostly right but she gave up hope of having a family long time ago. "You think you can give me all of that?" she shifted her head and glanced left at Peter.

"I believe I can" his lips curled into a smirk.

"And what makes you think that I want it?" she asked sternly.

He stared at her as his smile and eyes lowered. He didn't say anything for a moment. "Every lost children like you want it. I'm sure there's little part of you that still does"

Mara sighed and glanced away, "It's maybe what I want" she turned to him again, "but it isn't what I need. I don't need things I desire because I'm fine without them and I have lived without them okay"

Pan looked away, turned and walked to the railing. His expressionless look changed into a smirk when he turned around at her. "You're not easily deceived"

Mara tilted her head as she lowered her brows. "So you were only trying to deceive me into staying this treacherous place?"

"I'm just saying" He replied, he leaned his back against the railing and crossed his arms, "but what I said about this place is entirely true"

"I believe you" Mara folded her arms against her chest, "I do find this place quite fascinating and exquisite, but I don't believe that it is a place for me"

Pan didn't respond right away as his disparaging smile remained. "Alright then" he said, dropping his arms to his sides and pushed himself off the railing. "I'm gonna let you go"

Mara was baffled as she looked at him. "You mean--"

"Let you leave? Yes" he slowly taken steps toward her, "...but only you" he said quietly.

Her jaw almost dropped as she felt shocked. She can only leave, only her. "What of the others?"

"They all stay of course" he walked to her side, "makes the trade fair enough"

And what happens to them? She wanted to ask but she may already knew the answer to that question. Her eyes didn't follow him as he went around her.

"You get the bean, and you can go wherever you want" his voice remained quiet and he stood behind her. "Go on continue these adventures you enjoy for the rest of your life. It is actually your choice, not the pirate's." She could feel him leaning closely over her shoulder toward her ear. "But choose quickly" she felt his warm breath against her earlobe which sent an immense chills down to her spine but remained stiffened.