Chapter Eighteen

Everything was paradise suddenly. Mara Turner floated up the surface of the water, on her back, slowly having her arms as her body itself swam slowly around and her eyes closed. She was all by herself at the waterfalls, the boys had their turn and Mara had the place all to herself. The water was warm, glistening by the sun above, no sounds but the waterfalls was heard.

Just the moment she needed, alone at last, relax, swim a bit and clean herself up. Forget that she was in Neverland for a long moment.

The moment she opened her eyes, that's when she remembered she was in Neverland, though that didn't ruined her moment, she still enjoyed herself. The blue sky as clouds flew by, tall trees around surrounding the area, she waved her arms up, down in circles as she swam gently toward the main ground.

When she climbed out of the water, she sat on a rocky ground, her leg up to her below her knees remained in the water. She had a sleeveless tunic and small under trousers, all in brown coloured. She reached for the pouch that James gave her before he went back to the camp, it was some fruit snacks he picked out for her. She pulled a pear and began to eat it while gazing the waterfall with a rainbow forming in the middle of it.

While in the middle of having snacks, a voice rang out, yelling from behind her, from the woods "What the bloody hell you three doing?! Get out of here!"

She heard footsteps immediately retreating right away, she couldn't see who they were but recognized that yelling voice which was James's. He stepped out of the woods, and was approaching her. She wondered how long whoever those boys were were watching her, she never heard them at all, good thing she never removed all of her clothes before she jumped into the water.

"Sorry about them, those ruddy deviant bastards" he stopped near her, "Still not done here?"

She shrugged, weakly raising her half-eaten apple "Just replenishing. What are you doing here?"

"Checking up on you," he replied, "see if you're finished here because our tentmates wanted to go for a hike, figured you might want to come along unless you want to stay in the camp with the rest of the boys"

"Better with you guys than the rest of them" She stood up, tossed the apple behind the rocks and grabbed her long sleeved tunic from the log. She put it on, under her tunic, she took off the wet one, James awkwardly gazed away toward the woods, she kind of trusted him that he wouldn't look but only almost worried if anyone else was around looking.

She took her bottom cloth off, put on her trousers she had wore for the past few weeks. "Finished" she told James, she placed her wet clothes on a branch to let them dry and might use them for swimming again.

James lead the way into the forest, few moments of walking, they met with Slightly, Tootles and Curly, found them sitting and standing around as they waited for James and Mara.

"I take it little arseling is coming along" Curly smiled, Mara felt that smile was rather sarcasm.

Annoyed by the nickname, she pretended she didn't heard him. "Where are we going?" She asked as she and James stopped.

"Right in the middle of the island, a bit of a climbing when we get there but it'll be easy" Curly grabbed his spear, stood up and started walking.

Tootles and Slightly followed him, James and Mara exchanged glances, he nodded forward for her to go first then she did.

The sun was shaded by tall trees, every direction Mara gazed, there were bits of rays of the sunlight, brightening the dark forest a little, she had seen a few blue butterflies flying by them, she wasn't sure if it was the same one she saw on her first arrival in the island or maybe there were plenty of things around.