Chapter 1

I woke up to see the sun blazing through my window. I looked around and didn't see any of my sisters. I clicked my phone on an seen it was 10:36. I jumped out of bed nearly crashing to the ground and into my closet. I found something quick to throw on and headed to the bathroom. I don't think I've ever brushed my teeth as hard in my life. I grabbed my phone and my book bag and track ran down the stairs.

I bulleted for the door and jumped into my pick up truck.

I drove 90 all the way to school. when I got to my parking space I slammed my door shut and ran to the front door.

I ran up the stairs to the hallway where my third hour class was when I heard "Excuse me miss, where is your hall pass ?" an administrator asked me just before I could run to the door.

"I don't have one." I said as I turned around to him. "What level are you in ?" he asked me as he pulled out a notepad. "I'm a junior , seeing that I'm in the junior hallway." I said looking around.

"Do not sass talk me ma'am." he said with a attitude. I rolled my eyes at him. "Are you just getting to campus ?" he asked.

"Yes , I over slept by accident." I said but he cut me off. "No excuses, bell rings at 8:14 and if you are not here by 8:20 you are considered absent for the day." he said as he handed me the paper.

"Why do I have detention for the rest of the week !?" I shouted. "Want one for Monday for shouting ?" he asked me smartly. I groaned and turned away from him. Just wait till coach finds out about this one. I'll be doing bleachers till I graduate .. college that is.

~

~

~

~

~

it was lunch time and I was starving like I hadn't hadn't eaten in a week. i walked out of sixth hour and walked down the stairs. I was digging in my backpack for my keys which I couldn't seem to find. i searched my jacket pockets and still nothing.

I groaned mentally at the thought of me leaving my keys in my truck in my rush this morning. I walked out to the student parking lot and found my truck I looked inside and seen my keys sitting on the floor of the driver side.

I pulled out my phone and called Keeto. "Hey Keeto um i really need your help, I locked my keys in the truck again and I'm starving." I said to him.

"I'm in English , I'll be right down in a little. Go to the cafeteria Mia." he said with a laugh. "Thanks." I said and hung up with him.

I rolled my eyes as I walked back to the doors. "Hey Mia." someone said to me. I looked over and seen it was Mac.

"Hey Mac, what go down?" I greeted him as he followed me. "Oh nothing feeling good, doing good." he said running his fingers through his hair.

while he was talking I felt a pounding sensation on my temples. Great now I have a migraine . "Can't say the same for you though." he laughed as he pushed my curly hair out of my face.

"I feel terrible. I woke up late this morning , i feel like I'm getting a cold, I think I sprained my ankle, I got detention for the rest of the week, I have a stack of honors homework, I locked my keys in the truck , and now to top it off I have a headache." I said as I plopped down in a seat.

"Damn ma you just going through it." he laughed. "I know and then all the people in that house and no one woke me up this morning." I said.

"Maybe you should go home." he suggested. "I can't , I have a project that needs to be finished my the end of the day , I have track practice and now I have detention." I said as I sat my head in the table.

"Hey Mia, Wassup Bud." I heard Keeto say. "Please Keeto can you get my keys out of my car?" I begged him. He patted the top of my curly hair. "No problem Mia, I'll be back in a lil bit." he said as he smiled and walked out of the cafeteria.

"Well you look like crap." Toby said as she sat in front of me. "When have you ever had B lunch?" I asked her as I lifted my head.

"Since I accidentally changed my schedule." she laughed. Toby was like a sister to me. I've known her since we were in 2nd grade trying to see who's toe touches were higher.

"Christmas break can't come fast enough , Jesus Christ." I groaned. "I know right I'm ready to get out of school." Natty said as she sat down next to me. "Nah man I'm tired of waking up at 6 every morning." Mac said as he took a seat next to Toby.

"Here you go , and here." I hear Keeto says as he sat my keys and a bottle of Advil in front of me. "Thank you Keeto I can't thank you enough." I said as I opened the Advil bottle and swallowed two of them.

"Tell John I'll be over around 8." Keeto said as he pulled his phone from his front pocket. "Alright but when I see him in killing him." I said as I looked up at him.

"Oh because he didn't wake you up this morning ?" he laughed. "Yes, him and all the other ones." I said as I rolled my eyes.

I have six siblings. I have two older sisters Ana and Maddy, I have one older brother John, I have two younger siblings Halle and Kaitlin.

And non of them thought it was important to wake me up for school this morning. I mean Ana is at LSU but the others have no excuse.

Just wait till my daddy finds out about my detention, He's gonna flip his lid forsure.

~

~

~

~

"M. Jayne... here , J. Chris ... here , M. Rideaux ...."

"Here." I groaned. "Well well Miss Rideaux you have quite a few days in here." Mrs. May said looking up at me. "Oh you look awful." she said looking at me. "I feel the way I look." I said as I shifted my head on the desk.

At this point I felt like I was about to die. My forehead was burning up , my stomach was in knots, I was coughing like I had a hair ball in my throat. Today was just not my day.

I felt like God was finally calling me home. "Alright Sash, Antoine , Rideaux , Harold you can leave." she said. I grabbed my book bag and left the freezing cold room.

"You look worst than you did earlier." Cheyenne said as she helped me tie my shoes. "Just wait till I get out of practice I'll be a jump a hop and a skip away from death." I said as we walked out to the field.

"Rideaux get to running !" I heard coach say. I was not up for her bullshit today. So instead of ignoring her I just got on the track and ran, but it wasn't like a run it was more of a slow zombie die walk.

I was on my 12th lap when coach looked over at me. "I don't see your feet moving Rideaux !" she yelled at me.

I rolled my eyes. but rolling my eyes turned into I couldn't see anything but black .. oh lord what is wrong with me now .