Chapter 4

it was Saturday morning and I had managed to not speak not even a half a word to any of my family.

I've been really distant this past week. Not like anyone is gonna notice anyway. I heard trucks and stuff outside and it was really interrupting my sleep since the window was open.

I got out of my comfy bed and got to the window to close it when I noticed a moving van next door. I shook my head. I'm trying to get away from this place an yet people are steadily moving in.

I was about to slam the window when I seen a guy. and not just any guy. it was the one from the hospital. I smiled to myself.

I was still in my pajamas but I decided to go see my old friend. I opened my door and walked down the stairs. I heard them in the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes.

I opened the door when a voice I know and hate stopped me. "Where are you going ?" my mother asked me.

"To hell if I don't pray." I said and closed the door behind me.

"Hey buddy." I said. He turned around and smiled. "Well look who it is. It's my goody two shoes." he said. I walked over to him and smiled.

"How do you know I'm a as you say yea "Goody Two Shoes" ?" I asked him.

"Well you came up to a stranger on a stretcher and asked him what was wrong , then when you got your answer that I had got shot it didn't scare you but intrigued you." he said as I followed him into the house.

"I wasn't intrigued ." I lied. I actually was interested in how and why he was shot. But I thought since I don't know him it would be rude to pry into his personal life. I have to at least wait till I know his last name.

"You can put that down there." he told me as he pointed to the floor by the bed frame.

I sat the small box down and looked around. His room was bigger than mine. I was somewhat jealous.

Maybe his is bigger because he doesn't have as much stuff. hmmmmm. I don't either but hey it is what it is.

I sat on the floor next to the closet door and looked up. "So aren't you gonna ask?" he questioned.

I gave him a confused face. I mean yea I had several questions for him but I intended on spreading them out.

"Why I'm single for such a good looking guy." he said looking at himself in the mirror.

"Cocky much yea ? I have questions but that's not one of them." I laughed.

"What made your dad move here ?" I asked him. "Well I got kicked out of my old school for a little trouble I got into." he answered.

I nodded my head. I could understand that. Things happen, mistakes are made. He can grow from whatever happened.

"Well that's tough, at least you can make a new start here." I told him.

He furrowed his eyebrows at me. "What ?" I asked him. "I just told you I got kicked out of school and you don't question why ?" he said as he sat down in the bean bag chair.

"I mean I get it. Things happen. I'm like 75% sure that you didn't mean to get shot in the leg. But you did anyways , it happened and now it's over." I said.

"My motto is build a bridge and get over it." I said as I looked at my phone and seen my brother had called me.

"Well mines used to be fuck me over and you get it." he winked at me. I laughed.

"You seem like such a bad boy , but your room says hi and cool, like me." I laughed as I looked at the folded up shirts in the boxes.

"I mean I'm pretty badass, but I gotta get my act together or it's the big house for me." he said as he pulled his shirt over his head and threw it to the floor.

"Ohh a real bad boy." I laughed at him. "It's like 11:00 won't mommy miss you for breakfast?" he asked me.

"Nope, I'm sorta the middle kid so no one really ever notices me." I said as I sat in front of him.

"How ? I've seen yo people y'all like a box of s'mores." he laughed. "Your the only caramel one beside the brother." he said.

"I'm more dark caramel." I said as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Then y'all got good hair." he said as he slightly tugged at one of my curls. "What do you call your hair ?" I asked him as I touched his hair. it was so soft an curly. "It be aight on days." he joked.

"Oh whatever." I laughed. "But I need to get going, you need to be asleep." I said. "You need your rest." I said again as I handed him a cover that was on the mattress.

"See you Monday Mia." he said as I closed the door. I was walking down the stairs when I ran into a man.

"Uh I'm so sorry sir I uh I wasn't looking." I told him as I looked up at him. "What's your name ?" he asked.

"Mia." I said.

"Oh your the little lady from next door." he said as he walked back downstairs. I gave him a small smile.

"I'll catch y'all later ya hear." I said as I opened the front door and left out.

"Well she seems nice." I heard him say before the door closed.

I walked into my house and instantly got an attitude. No one was here. They all left me.

That's probably what my brother was calling me about. I shook my head and went in the kitchen to get me something to eat.

Not only did they leave me they ate all my french fries. I rolled my eyes. "Terrible people." I said and walked back upstairs to my room.

I couldn't wait to move out and get my own place. I just really hated this house with like a deep passion.