Chapter 2

"Well hello Chloe come in"

I walk in and see Sophie with a new friend of hers. She comes running up to me with a huge smile on her face. "sis sis!" she gives me a huge! Hug.

"Sis I made a new friend today" I smile.

"Good to hear Sophie but we really need to get going home"

I walk out holding my sisters hand and Rick waves us goodbye. We get home and John is watching TV.

"Sophie please go up to your room quietly" I whisper.

She slowly but swiftly runs up to her room. John turns around and sees me.

"What are you doing here!??!" He shouts.

He walks over to me and hits me across the face. Mum runs over and grabs his hand. Then he hits her and she falls to the ground.

I help my mum up and she goes and sits down.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU FILTHY GIRL?"

I try to block out that he is talking to me. I go upstairs as quickly as I can and make sure Sophie is okay. She looks up at me with her big teary eyes.

"Sis are you okay?"

I give her a hug and tears slowly go down my face.

"Yes Sophie I'm fine" I whisper to her as I squeeze her tight.

It quickly becomes dark. Sophie gets into bed and snuggles up in her blankets.

"Sis could you sing me the song dad used to sing?"

A tear goes down my face and I start to sing.

Oh honey bun

My little honey bun

May you lie down

Rest your little head

And I will see you

In the morning

She falls asleep and I kiss her forehead. I go to my room and I face plant onto my bed. I open my eyes and see Sophie.

"What are you doing up?" I mumble.

"Mummy and John were fighting again" Sophie says quietly.

I get up holding her hand and walk her to bed. I kiss her on the forehead.

"Everything will be okay".

She smiles and goes back to sleep. I wake up in the morning and get ready for school but then I realize it's the weekend. I go and check on Sophie. I slowly walk into her room I see that she's asleep. So I walk out and go down stairs.

"Morning sweetie" Mum says while holding an icepack on her head.

"Hey mum is John here?" I say.