Everybody's Dancing and the Band's Top Volume

A/N: Shout out to youpunchedthebursar . As you can tell by her user name she is total hamiltrash like me.

I look behind me to find my sisters in the crowd. Eliza is laughing with Hercules about something and Peggy is being energetic as always.

"Would you like to dance?" He says and outstretches his hand inviting me put my hand in his. I hand my glass of champagne over to a servant who was passing by.

"Of course." I say smiling. I place one hand in his and the other on his shoulder as he puts his hand on my waist. My heart flutters at the touch of his skin on mine. He smiles at me and we begin moving to the simple pattern of the dance.
1, 2, 3, spin
1, 2, 3, spin
Alexander stumbles a little, but he quickly regains his balance.

"Are you new to this?" I ask. It wouldn't be the first I've worked with a beginner.

"Ha. No, I am just a little, uh, rusty at my ballroom dancing." He says and looks down as to watch his steps. I raise my eyebrows. Yeah, okay. Not the first time I've worked with a liar either.

"Do you want me to help you remember?" I ask.

"That would be nice." He says and smirks. I watch his feet to make sure he does the steps correctly. I steady the pace of our dance and start counting out loud to the rhythm of the music.

"1, 2, 3, spin." I instruct.

"I'm sure I'm not the first you've have to do this for." He sighs. I continue to watch his feet and I shake my head.

"1, 2, 3, spin" I said.

"I'm feeling a little dizzy." I look up at him.

"Probably from the spinning." I slow down until we are at a complete stop in the middle of the ballroom.

"Maybe we should stop." He gazes into my eyes and I blush.

"We have stopped." I say. (A/N: NAME THAT MOVIE!) We stand there for a minute. The electricity is tangible. Almost as if I could reach out and touch it. Alexander leans towards me ever so slightly. I close my eyes and...

"ANGELICA!!" I hear Eliza yell at me from the side of the ballroom.
Dammit, Eliza. I think.

"ANGELICA!! Come quickly!" The ballroom is quiet.
"HURRY!! It's Peggy!" Eliza screams. "There's something wrong with Peggy!"

A/N: CUT! Lin, honey. What did I tell you? The cameras, man. This is expensive equipment that you are breaking with your perfection! OKAY EVERYONE! LET'S TAKE IT FROM THE TOP. (everyone groans)